cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In our future. 2016 Jayco feather 23rlsw

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
We hope to get this TT by the end of the week. Any pros or cons of any owners out there? Thanks.
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.
5 REPLIES 5

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s a no go, dang it. Short bed, RV queen and low ceiling height. I know one can add onto the length of the bed, but this floor plan does not leave room for this. Im 6ft 5 in. So need residential Queen, min. Back to the drawing board.
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

Jayco254
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Jay Feather EXP 254 and if it wasn't for Jayco standing behind it during and after the warranty period I wouldn't still have it because there would be nothing left but rot and mold. I have too check for rot and recaulk at least once a year. The quality is terrible. If they are still using that huck and buck type frame don't walk, run my axles aren't even lined up evenly and the mechanic that I deal with tells me there is nothing that can be done about it with that type of frame and suspension. The only reason I keep it is it's paid for and we don't camp often enough to justify another one. Maybe just maybe the newer ones are better but check them out all over real good before you buy and good luck. I have heard complaints on newer Jay Feathers too. I used too think Jayco was a superior brand then I bought one. I know that all brands can have their problems but WTW was just asking about Jayco Feathers I believe he meant the Jay Feather so here's the con of the pro and con he's looking for. They were great on standing behind their warranty even after it was expired for almost a year. But now that Thor has taken over I don't know if you will get the same service.
Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
WTW wrote:
We hope to get this TT by the end of the week. Any pros or cons of any owners out there? Thanks.

Have you visited www.jaycoowners.com/forum yet? You should find some owners of the particular TT you are considering.

I don't know much about your particular line - Jayco Featherlite. I have the very old school, "stick and tin" Jay Flight line.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, good idea. Though only one post in search.
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Try searching this Forum for this model number; first search for Jayco then search the results for 23rlsw.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)