cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Honda CR-V flat towable?

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Please see subject: I've been searching the forum but so far unable to determine if the 2917 CR-V is flat towable. I know the newer ones are not towable but is the 2017 one of the 'not towables'? Any advice?
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
12 REPLIES 12

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
If FWD it can be towed on a dolly. If AWD it can only be towed on a trailer! So yes it can be towed, but not with all 4 wheels on the ground. All the answers about 2014 as the last year 4 down towable are correct, I have a AWD 2013 and it towes great.

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Our 08 Ford Escape Hybrid with CVT has been a great toad to flat tow since 2008. I wish Ford still made them.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
MURPHY55347 wrote:
No vehicles with CVT transmissions are flat towable.

Some Fords with CVTs are flat towable, the Fusion and C Max hybrids.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of like the Honda Fit. When equipped with the CVT, it is not towable four-down. However, the Fit can also be ordered with a manual transmisison, and it is towable. (The manual has six forward speeds. And if we drive the Fit for mileage rather than for speed, we get just below 53 mpg.)

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2014 CRV and as stated it was the last year they could be towed 4 down. The CVT tranny is not towable. Same thing happend to Subaru around 2010.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
I believe its the 2014 CRV that is the last year that is flat towable, that is why I am looking for a 2014 Honda CRV.

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
No vehicles with CVT transmissions are flat towable.

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
Go Honda web site and look up owner's manual, it's the ultimate authority of towing, for most any vehicle.
2014 Allegro 36LA

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
last year 2014
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
2014 was the last year.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
As for as I know 2014 was the last year for towing 4 down!

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m pretty sure the 2015โ€™s were the last year you could tow four wheels down. We have a 2012 that we used to tow when we still had a motorhome.