cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

De-coding wheel/rim stamp on my 5th wheel

38-72
Explorer
Explorer
I need help in de-coding my trailer rim/wheel codes. I found this code stamped on the inside of the rim:

8 9 02 1606 K CR C (the last letter looks to not be fully stamped - it could also be and O)

DOT USA T 16X6 K

Other than Date and DOT and USA, I need help in de-coding
Thanks! Happy camping.
14 REPLIES 14

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
1606 K might be the weight rating in Kilo's. 2.2x1606=3532

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I just had to replace one of my Sendell aluminum wheels and ALL of the info was stamped around the inside : date code , size , max psi, max weight, etc.
May just be an aluminum thing .

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I wasn't disagreeing with you Lyle. Just adding my experience with wheel codes.

I don't think I remember ever seeing PSI stamped on a wheel, but I believe everyone when they say theirs have it. So I have to think far more don't have it, than do. I guess there are too many tire combos for them to put it all on there, but it is my opinion that load is what matters.

But whatever they choose to put on there, find your tire/wheel diameter, and the wheel load rating, and an online chart will give you the PSI that it takes to get there, and you can assume the max PSI for that tire will be safe on that wheel.

At the 2 load ratings I find on my 15" wheel, I can find LRC, LRD, and LRE tires that will fit it. But all that mattered to me was the max PSI for a LRE trailer service tire, and that is my working max.

Put another way, let's say I was interested in a LRG tire. Could I run it? From the info on the tire I cannot say if it would be safe at 110SPI, but I do know that it would not be safe at full LRG load rating. I would not run it for that reason. I don't know if anyone even makes a 15" LRG tire, so just using that as an example.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
bpounds wrote:
The weight rating is what matters. PSI isn't really a factor, but it will be related to the tire for which it was designed.

For example, my wheels are cast with the following data. This wheel is available in a 5 lug and a 6 lug version. I'm assuming they have different center flange components that they can use with a 15" body. Obviously the 6 lug handles more weight, at 2830#. PSI is not mentioned, but if you go look at DOT ratings for 15" trailer tires, you will find the LRE tire at 80PSI is rated for 2830#. This is not a coincidence. It is DOT compliance. So even though my trailer shipped with LRD tires, and those handle the GVWR of the trailer, these wheels were capable of handling the LRE pressure and load rating.

What I was saying. My old Komfort's 15" wheels were stamped "80 psi max", which meant that they were good for an E-rated tire, even though it was placarded for D's. No conversion necessary. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
The weight rating is what matters. PSI isn't really a factor, but it will be related to the tire for which it was designed.

For example, my wheels are cast with the following data. This wheel is available in a 5 lug and a 6 lug version. I'm assuming they have different center flange components that they can use with a 15" body. Obviously the 6 lug handles more weight, at 2830#. PSI is not mentioned, but if you go look at DOT ratings for 15" trailer tires, you will find the LRE tire at 80PSI is rated for 2830#. This is not a coincidence. It is DOT compliance. So even though my trailer shipped with LRD tires, and those handle the GVWR of the trailer, these wheels were capable of handling the LRE pressure and load rating.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
joegray wrote:
My rims are marked on the inside of one of the spokes. Try looking there.

Some are stamped in the valley, so you have to dismount a tire. FWIW, ratings can be in straight weight capacity or can also be a max psi. Personally, I wish they were in psi only; makes life easier than having to figure out weight rating vs pressure rating.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I could be wrong but the PSI rating should be stamped separately from the wheel info. Also based on what I've seen the codes should look more like this: 7J x 16 H2 5/120 ET47.

7=rim width
J=bead profile
x=one piece construction
16=rim diameter
H2=flange type
5/120=bolt pattern (5 bolt/120mm diameter pattern)
ET47=offset distance between center line of wheel and plane of mounting hub

I believe the limiting factor on any wheel is load capacity, not pressure.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

joegray
Explorer
Explorer
My rims are marked on the inside of one of the spokes. Try looking there.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
You might try to ask the maker of your RV if they have any info, But I doubt the wheels are going to be much different from the ratings on the tires.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

38-72
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltimer50 wrote:
hmmm What is it that you are wanting to do or find out?

Weight and PSI ratings.
Thanks! Happy camping.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
hmmm What is it that you are wanting to do or find out?
George

38-72
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltimer50 wrote:
Check with the maker of the wheels?

I would if I could, no maker mark on the wheels and no info found in trailers paper work.
Thanks! Happy camping.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the maker of the wheels?
George

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Built 8 months 9 day of 02the letters should be k for kansas or kentucky and cbo for center bore offset