cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Anywhere Data Usage

gmg
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking of using the Dish Anywhere app coupled with the Amazon Fire Stick to watch our home programming with DVR on the big screen TV in the RV. We carry an ATT hot spot with thereticly unlimited data. Problem is they slow it way down after 15 Gb. My question is how much data would be used for streaming Live HD TV for say one hour? How about standard definition?
2013 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Crewcab; Pullrite Superglide Hitch; 05 Everest 294L 5th Wheel.
4 REPLIES 4

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
gmg wrote:
I am thinking of using the Dish Anywhere app coupled with the Amazon Fire Stick to watch our home programming with DVR on the big screen TV in the RV. We carry an ATT hot spot with theoreticly unlimited data. Problem is they slow it way down after 15 Gb. My question is how much data would be used for streaming Live HD TV for say one hour? How about standard definition?

You might want to consider an OTR Mobile account with your ATT hotspot. Their plan is unlimited data with NO SLOWDOWNS ever.

Lots of folks in The RV Travel Club have their service and are very satisfied.

MrWizard
That's extremely good/low data use for a HD
I have recorded OTA broadcast streams in both 1080 and 720 resolution
Broadcast Transport stream video files average 6 gigabyte per hour of programming
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
For rough estimating, I use 1 GB/hour for HD streaming. By actual measurement, DishAnywhere typically runs a little less than that.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
See the bottom of this post -- DISH Anywhere.

I think my data reading was on the "conservative" side.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs