cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Open Light Fixture?

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
This light fixture is in the overhead console between the front seats of our Jayco B. I want to convert it to LEDs and was afraid to force anything in getting it to open without knowing how it is suppose open. The square parts pivot in both directions for aiming the lights. I have looked from the back and their is no obvious openings on the back.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I tried a little more aggressively to pry at the wood interface and managed to get a big enough gap to peak in and could see I was flexing the whole fixture. Decided to poke around on the pivote parts and the outer pivots have enough flex to pop it out of the holes and the whole square fixture came down and the socket turns and come out the side.

Just put in an order for the replacement LEDs. They currently come on when the door opens and can be shut off if you want to leave the door open. I will run a second power lead from an extra switch already in the console so I can override the power when the doors are closed.

Thanks

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have this one but my guess is that it just snaps into place. stick a thin screwdriver between the base and the wood and give it a little twist. Maybe start at the narrow end(s).
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The faceplate may come off revealing screws holding it together.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If your new fixture will more than cover the old one’s footprint, just pry it off.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad