cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diesel repair

Toppknott
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Allegro bus and I am in Palmer, Alaska. I need work done on my diesel engine and also the diesel equivalent of a tuneup as I am heading back to Texas. My question is does anyone know of a reliable repair shop that does fast turnaround. I have a service appt for frieghtliner but not until July 3rd. I need to be in Texas ASAP so Any help will be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Need to break out exactly what you need, OR what are the symptoms.

Things like fuel filters, oil filters, oil, perhaps air filter elements, belts, cleaning front of CAC are quite different than fuel injection system work or internal engine work.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hopefully once service starts the parts are available, but shipping delays are always a possibility. Met a guy in Dawson Creek who was in day 19 getting his 5er fixed.

Met a guy in Haines that took the ferry to Vancouver Island for MH repairs.

Sorry - but if you must be in Texas you may have to fly.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Toppknott wrote:
I have a 2000 Allegro bus and I am in Palmer, Alaska. I need work done on my diesel engine and also the diesel equivalent of a tuneup as I am heading back to Texas. My question is does anyone know of a reliable repair shop that does fast turnaround. I have a service appt for frieghtliner but not until July 3rd. I need to be in Texas ASAP so Any help will be appreciated.

Have you tried these in Wasilla and just 13mi from Palmer?.....
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
This time of year for diesel repair in Alaska? I think you are lucky to get the July 3rd appointment.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad