cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Is It???

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
This knob like thing is attached to the side of our Jayco B above the side windows on the passenger side. The outer gray area rotates but doesn't seem to unscrew.

Any idea what it was for?

10 REPLIES 10

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like the things on my B that are the inside anchor covers for the awning
john 'I am Canadian'

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the answer

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
SInce no one had an immediate answer that should have been obvious to me, I explored a little more this morning. I decided the gray area was a cap that might pop off. I gently pried with a small screwdriver and it came off. Big anchor bolt underneath that appears to go into the van body structure. I think it was a spot for a shoulder seatbelt strap if wanted. There was a removable 3rd bucket just forward from the anchor that had a lap belt. I decided I need an extra kitchen cabinet more than a 3rd seat so removed the seat and base plate.

Thanks for the guesses, I was sure it was something obvious to everyone but me.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Clothes hook / clothes hanger? Like some cars / trucks have over their rear passenger windows?

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
No furnace.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Cover on a thermostat sensor maybe?

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, not a vent. Looks like something might slide over it. Rear AC vents for chassis air is on the other side.

BILDER
Explorer
Explorer
a/c vent like on an airplane?

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I thought it might be something to do with a clothes rod but there is nothing across from it for the other end.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like the end of the old style clothes rod.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker