cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out, store in, or out?

Big_steve
Explorer
Explorer
When your TT isn't going to be used for an indeterminate period of time, should the slide out be in, out (if feasible) or does it not matter?

What about if you know the rig will not be used for quite awhile when you park it?

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
We often leave them out for ease of packing at our leisure but ours is stored indoors and not out in the elements.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

MrWizard
azdryheat wrote:
Doesn't matter. Plenty of full-timers that leave there slides out for years.

Full timers are there to see and prevent critters from nesting and to clean off debris, and notice of there are any water leaks

If you are not going to be there for a extended period, it's better to pull the slides in, prevention of problems is the best policy
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have trees near by? Debris falls on the slideout. Are you going to climb up and check before sliding them in?
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you're in it, there's no reason to expose the slide out seals toweater/sun or the slide roof to water, if you don't have to.
As was said, it just takes a few seconds to open.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We store at the house. In, unless need to be in and out.

Big_steve
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks...

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for IN. Same reasons already mentioned.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You leave them IN. IF you have a malfunction of the Slide room mechanism and you leave it OUT, HOW do you get the slide retracted to take it in to get it fixed????? Slide rooms seal better when retracted. Doug

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Big_steve wrote:
When your TT isn't going to be used for an indeterminate period of time, should the slide out be in, out (if feasible) or does it not matter?

What about if you know the rig will not be used for quite awhile when you park it?

Thanks

I'd put it in just to avoid accidental damage and to minimize water intrusion during heavy rains. due to local ordinance we're forced to rent a space at an RV storage lot.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't matter. Plenty of full-timers that leave there slides out for years.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Store IN after using a seal preservative.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a TT but just the same... Store them in. Less chance of storm damage, water intrusion, and the chance for critters and birds making their homes in the slide mechanism (depending on how your slides work). This is more relevant in the spring nest building times. You should consider draining your water tank, water heater as part of your storing routine.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
doesn't matter.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II