cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this forum dead, wow

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped posting here because no one is here anymore. I visit 3 other forums now where only one has normal activity. Years ago this was the most active pop up forum but now everyone looks to have left. What the hek happened here.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.
25 REPLIES 25

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
As roy said a few years back. Pop up portal for pup stuff. Very active. I came here when I upgraded to a TT. I am still on both fourms. They both can give insite. But the pop up portal is better for pup stuff. You get answers other then thats a pop up, you can tow it even if its 1500 lbs overweight. So , you get answers from people that actually tow them and maintain them.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

fornarog
Explorer
Explorer
The old starcraft looks excellent aftermath!

I have a galaxy 8 that was purchased new by my cousin. I've owned it for 27 years. It is 45 years young and still camping! I need some parts, so if you have any contacts or sources, please let me know.

Greg
Greg

1976 Starcrafte Galaxy 8 Pop-up

1 Amazing Pup

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
PAThwacker wrote:
What I absolutely hate about pup and hybrids forums are the minivan gurus. Makes me sick. Just thinking about these fools towing any 3500 gvw any trailer and load every seat.

West bound out of St Louis, hauling mid-size track loader. Start down a grade, see a mini-van stopped at cross-road, so ride the jake 'til sure won't get in front of me. As I go past I see a BobCat on trailer behind.Before I top the next grade, meet the weight watcher. Watch him drop off on the shoulder, U behind the minivan. I'm thinking somebody will get a education. Half way down next hill, WW lights me up. Wanted to check my permits. Mini van don't need any, just roll on by.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
What I absolutely hate about pup and hybrids forums are the minivan gurus. Makes me sick. Just thinking about these fools towing any 3500 gvw any trailer and load every seat.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, I just cleaned and waxed it up. I did paint the bumper and frame though. We live in Spokane, WA and I was the third owner. The original owner purchased it from a dealer in El Cajon, CA. It is a '79 but I do believe that it has been up here since about '84.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
(Aftermath) my brother had that same trailer.It looks really clean, did you repaint it or is the paint just in good shape.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
I've been here since 2004.

All things change, and this website is no exception.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like I said in an earlier post, used to have a popup but still like to follow.

That said, I wanted to share my story and I think I have the picture to go with it posted below...I think. We bought this tent trailer in 1988 and had it for 17 years. Last year my youngest daughter told me that they were looking for a tent trailer but couldn't afford much. I went to Craigslist immediately and found our old one! It was December with snow and ice all over. It had been neglected but things were fixable. I brought it home, cleaned and fixed things and finally put new canvas on it as the screens were deteriorated and frankly, not safe for our energetic grandson. Anyway, I hope the picture comes through. I have first dibs on it when she gets ready to sell.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
When we had our tent trailer they were rather inexpensive and lightweight. Our first weighed only 1000lbs fully loaded. We pulled it with a small Suzuki Samurai which did great. Our 2nd tent trailer weighed 2000lbs fully loaded and was very roomy. Pulled it with ease with small Nissan truck (much smaller than todays Nissan/Toyota trucks).

Todays tent trailers are mostly high sided with all the bells and whistles, weigh considerably more and are priced close to what small hybrids or travel trailers cost.

I tend to think many feel at the weight and cost they might as well buy a hybrid or small trailer.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
It is definitely not what it used to be. I only get on once or twice a year and rarely post a reply, but will ask a question once now and then. I posted a question today and was amazed to see only one page of new questions and only 5 active pages. I did not quit coming on because of the moderators, very few issues with them. Mostly it was the hostile replies especially to the new members. Why did you not do a search, you are an idiot for asking that question and etc.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Yeh, I only visit here rarely anymore. Just had an awesome time in my new Pop Up.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah forums dead, popups are dead. I finally got my estimate and total information on my 07 Jayco 1206 that got t-boned back on 7/13/19. Paid $2k for the rat and got $6300 lol. Goodbye camping as a norm with kids in sports now 80 percent of the year.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
I also have been gone for a few years because of getting a TT but recently have gone back to a P/U and this site is really slow. Hate dealing with Photobucket and there where quite a few rude people here. Hopefully "we can all get along". Life is too short.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
newman fulltimer wrote:
What I seen kill this forum is all the ones that rather badger and argue than actually post to help people .It gets old seeing same arguments between people daily.

Agree this has become a real problem here.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds