cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forest River Wildwood 300BH question

Chad_Jen
Explorer
Explorer
We just got a new (to us) trailer, it's a Wildwood 300BH and it has two gray tanks. One empties with the black tank (more toward the front of the camper) and the other empties toward the back. This back one is the one I have a question about. It appears there are two pulls to empty it and I'm not sure what they connect to. The front tank is labeled black/gray for the pulls but these other two at the back aren't. I didn't know why there were two.

A second question is about the propane tanks/selector switch. The company we bought it from said to only have one tank on at a time because the selector switch doesn't really dictate which tank the propane is drawn from and if both tanks are open they'll be drawn from equally. This wasn't the case with our last camper.

Any help anyone can give on any of this is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot help with the dump valves question but suggest you Google the make and model of your propane switch to learn how it works.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing your floor plan I'm going to guess. I'll use mine as an example.

rear dump on mine is one pull for black and one pull for gray. The front dump is one pull for Galley and one pull for Gray. Each tank has a seperate dump valve. No tank has 2 dump valves.

Not all tanks have automatic change over valves. If it is automatic The regulator handle points to the tank in service. Both tanks must be on but it will only draw for the tank at a time. Mine regulator has a valve with a pointer but is not automatic. I leave on off so I know when the in service one empty's. I then switch the valve to the other tank and remove the empty.

Regulator with a directional handle only draw from one tank at a time weather automatic or not.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The propane tanks will equalize if both are open at the same time. You want one to empty, then use the other tank. Refill empty tank when you can. Never want two empty tanks.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad