cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations for 30 -32 ft 5th wheel

dpam
Explorer
Explorer
We want to buy a 30 or 32 ft 5th wheel trailer with at least 2 slide outs. We are concerned with the quality of new trailers, so are willing to buy a used 5th wheel trailer that is considered a quality build. After 9 years we sold our 2010 Montana with the hope of buying another trailer that is smaller in length. Greatly appreciate any suggestions Rvers on this forum can suggest. Thank you.
16 REPLIES 16

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I like the looks of the Grand Design but I don't know about the frames and running gear, maybe someone can enlighten me.

To me the most important things are stuff you don't see. Wiring plumbing, frames, axles along with the fit and finish.

Completely agree, was looking at GD before purchasing our Arctic Fox 27-5L near,y 4 years ago. No comparison when comparing the frame and many components they are made from. Never had a regret.
I like the 27-5L floor plan a lot.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
CaddyJellyby wrote:
We have the same quest. I'm very unhappy with the build quality of our 2013 Jayco bunkhouse fifth wheel. Nice layout, lousy execution. We are ready for a shorter, more nimble fifth wheel with multiple slides and a seriously good build. It doesn't need to look like a house, but it needs to be built to last. We are willing to pay for it. I don't follow the news in the RV world much. Is anybody making something like that?
New Horizon if you have very deep pockets.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We got a 2016 GD 303rls about a year ago and could not be happier. No trouble at all and we really like the layout. Head and shoulders above our Keystone Outback Sydney Ed.

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
We have been happy with our Winnebago Minnie Plus 27RLTS. 29'6" long.

CaddyJellyby
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same quest. I'm very unhappy with the build quality of our 2013 Jayco bunkhouse fifth wheel. Nice layout, lousy execution. We are ready for a shorter, more nimble fifth wheel with multiple slides and a seriously good build. It doesn't need to look like a house, but it needs to be built to last. We are willing to pay for it. I don't follow the news in the RV world much. Is anybody making something like that?

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I like the looks of the Grand Design but I don't know about the frames and running gear, maybe someone can enlighten me.

To me the most important things are stuff you don't see. Wiring plumbing, frames, axles along with the fit and finish.

Completely agree, was looking at GD before purchasing our Arctic Fox 27-5L near,y 4 years ago. No comparison when comparing the frame and many components they are made from. Never had a regret.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

sele
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a coachmen Chaparral Lite the model is 285 rls in is in the mid profile range. We have been looking for a couple of years and finally found the layout we like. Take a look, ours is well built and easily pulled by our F150 although it is the 3.5 Eco boost with the max tow haul package. I would say if you already have a camper, take the time to find what you guys want.
scott

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m not sure how old you are willing to go, but a great Canadian manufacturer was General Coach who made Citation Supreme and Corsair Excella fifth wheels. They are very well built with heavy duty frames and running gear and are 4 season units with a complete real winter package. We are on our second General Coach trailer and are very happy with it. Unfortunately they went out of business in 2009 so the newest ones are 10 years old, but we have seen many well kept ones for sale on Kijiji and Craigslist.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:

Lippert frames and Dexter axles. Basically the industry standard.

Love our 303. Lives much bigger than it is. Well laid out.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer

4youngs1
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a good experience with our Grand Design Reflection 303RLS. We've owned it for 5 years, towed for over 26k, and have only had minor issues.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wanted under 30' and am glad we didn't go bigger.

We were very interested in Outdoor RV and Northwood rigs but went Grand Design. I'm happy to go into more details if you want.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I would look at Artic Fox, they make a nice short 5er with a decent floor plan and quality.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
This is likely you best buy if it suits your family. They are superb fifth wheels, I owned one for several years.

Triple E Topaz enjoy

That model is the FS306RL and is here... be sure to look at the fifth wheel section. FS306RL
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel