cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson kantleak water valve

lam
Explorer
Explorer
For a number of years there has been an ongoing problem with this valve and overflowing fresh water tanks when connected to city water. Phoenix Cruiser owners and Thor and others had this problem and it was not the water pump check valve. Anderson came out with a new valve last year which Phoenix Cruiser informed me fixed this issue and they were using for new units. They had me buy one and I installed it last summer and it worked. However first time out this year and same issue with freshwater tank overflowing. Anyone else having this issue? Seems the new brass vs plastic valve did not fix problem. Could be itโ€™s their interior component with o rings that is the problem?
1 REPLY 1

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
There are only 2 ways for city water to get into the fresh water tank.

1. The built-in check valve in the water pump is leaking, allowing the city water to flow backwards through the pump into the tank.

2. The "city fill" valve is leaking when in the City position.

If, when using the tank/pump only, the system loses pressure and the pump cycles occasionally, that would point to the pump check valve. To verify, disconnect your line from the tank at the pump. Now turn on your city water. If water leaks back through the pump, then it's the pump's check valve. If not, you know that it's the Anderson valve.

IMO, any time engineers come up with a single unit to address multiple configurations, they are asking for trouble (and I AM an engineer). A 4-way valve (such as the Anderson) is an overly complex part for a fairly simple function. My Itasca has a simple 2 position valve for either city water or tank fill, and another (elsewhere) for winterizing. While either CAN fail, a 2-way valve is less likely than a 4-way valve to do so. Unfortunately, it would take some re-plumbing to convert your system in an effort to eliminate the troublesome Anderson "kantleak" valve.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II