cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

connecting two 12 volts batteries

mariner4
Explorer
Explorer
I own a Winnebago 2006, just purchase 2- 12 volts new batteries and connected the same way it was before (series). Try my onan 4000 generator and gave me an error 27(battery connection not 12 volts but 24). I had power inside the MH.
Changed connection to parallel, no power inside the MH. No power on my generator. I am confused if the connection should be parallel or in series. Can anyone help
8 REPLIES 8

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some things are simple for some and . ... Way too complex for others.

Batteries.. On of 'em Now I can look at an automotive type lead acid battery and tell you at a glance if it's a six or 12 volt and how to hook it up. Worked with both sixes and 12's since my teens (now lat 60s)

But ... One story here was how an RVer went to a dealer and had them put in new batteries.. WRONG.. Yup. A professional messed it up.. What more can I say.

LIkely a breaker tripped (Battery main) or the "oh-shi!!+_ fuse blue (Battery main) or the re-connect was done wrong.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
here is a link to Winnebago Product resources. Manuals & Diagrams you can view / download info specific to your year & model.
Winnebago Product Resources
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I got a call to help a friend with electrical trouble on his RV.

He had replaced his batteries and accidentally hooked them up in series. 24v....

We had propane to replace the converter, refrigerator control board and some light bulbs.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Parallel gives you 12 volts. ++ and --

Series will give you 24 volts. May have opened a fuse or some other damage. Some items are more tolerant than others.

Did the forum drop you here when you signed up? You probably wanted "Tech Issues" or "Class A" forums.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Connection of two 12 volt batteries in series sent 24 volts through your system. IMO you should start by checking all your fuses and breakers. Pray first.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
They should be in parallel.

Something probably got blowed up when you connected 24 volts.

Iโ€™d check the fuseable links, breakers, fuses.

Insurance may cover it.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.