cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mini queen bed problem and any custom ideas

Tylec
Explorer
Explorer
So I bought a mallard m33 2017. I hate the bed,to small and not comfy at all. Any custom ideas on this. Any custom ideas in general to make living more enjoyable

Update,
It's to short so I sleep diagnol, it's also not comfortable at all. So an extended. Build one? Can you buy one? With the extender it's a normal queen then?
7 REPLIES 7

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I cut out a new peice of plywood and installed and put in a regular queen. I left the stock torture device they call a mattress at the dealer.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I added a regular queen mattress on top of the existing 4 inch thick short queen foam mattress that came with the trailer. The bed was a "walk around" and I still had enough room to scoot around the foot of the bed. The front of the trailer slopes up from the bottom and down from the top so the mattress overhung the front of the four inch foam mattress slightly so I didn't lose as much room at the foot of the bed in order to get around the bed.

I don't really need the queen mattress lengths but I went with a full-size because I still needed the width and didn't have to buy special sheets.

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
If it's too short and there is open space at the foot, you could extend the base and put on a full length mattress.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Also Verlo.com for the best mattress made.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

John_Burke
Explorer
Explorer
Mattress Factory. You can go in look at and try the samples they have and then order a custom size. My 30" by 78" was 280.00. Well worth it.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
The first thing we did when we bought our TT last Fall was to order a new bed. Basically it was the most expensive one that Camping World had but we have been very happy with it. When we were shopping for our TT we knew from the get go that the mattress was not good. When we went to pick up the camper we had them take the mattress out before taking it home. We didn't want to deal with getting rid of it.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
need more info. too short? too narrow? too soft? too hard? too thick? be specific and maybe we can give you some ideas.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!