cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Batteries

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 32W, Ford chassis. Want to confirm the correct wiring of the house batteries. Wire from rear of MH connected to POS of rear battery, NEG of rear battery is connected to POS of front battery, NEG of front battery is connected to wire from front of MH. Is this the correct wiring???
5 REPLIES 5

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks RoyB.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My only issue with the drawing above is the two Triple caps on the six volt batteries. 6 Volters only have one triple cap (The heavy black dash on top of the battery) you might wish to fix that .... Drawing is otherise 100%.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are a few diagrams...

Two 6V batteries connected in series to make 12VDC...

Google image

Two 12VDC batteries in parallel to get more AH's...

Google Image

Since the RV batteries don't have large and small terminals like automotive batteries do be sure to look for the PLUS and MINUS symbols or the words POS and NEG marked on the battery cases...

Hope this helps...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is if the batteries are 6 volt in which two batteries are connected in series to develop 12v.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
philandterri wrote:
We own a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 32W, Ford chassis. Want to confirm the correct wiring of the house batteries. Wire from rear of MH connected to POS of rear battery, NEG of rear battery is connected to POS of front battery, NEG of front battery is connected to wire from front of MH. Is this the correct wiring???

Phil,

I hope I am not understanding what you have....
In basic terms, positive should attach to positive most of the time. The exception to this is if there are two jars (batteries) that are in series to provide a higher service voltage. This is the case where your house bank is a pair of GC2s (6Veach) strapped together to make a 12V bank.

There is also an issue with having the parts of a series bank in different locations. The temperature of any jar in the banl may matter.

This does not sound like what you are describing.

I don't know if you can find wiring diagrams for a Fleetwood Bounder, but it is worth a try.

Come back if you can assemble another question. That is why some of us are here.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.