cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel wiring

nsmilligan
Explorer
Explorer
My rig has a 7 pin rv connector in the box, the male connector on the in box harness has corroded pins and lost my running light power in both sockets (bumper and box). Anybody know of a replacement MALE socket that could be spliced onto the harness? Found a number of female socket splice kits, but can't locate a male on
6 REPLIES 6

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
nsmilligan wrote:
My rig has a 7 pin rv connector in the box, the male connector on the in box harness has corroded pins and lost my running light power in both sockets (bumper and box). Anybody know of a replacement MALE socket that could be spliced onto the harness? Found a number of female socket splice kits, but can't locate a male on

If I understand you correctly you have a 7 pin plug inside the bed, and that plug as well as the bumper mounted one have lost running light power. I would check the T connector that was added to the back of the bumper plug to run the wires up to the bed mounted plug.

Gary
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced both ends of mine with POLLAK connectors

nsmilligan
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

This is the plug I need.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyB wrote:

When it comes to the safety features I always like to replace with new items rather than to try to save a buck or two 'jerry rigging' something in place to fix things... Just me haha...

Over the years I have replaced both ends many times, mostly on things the lights must work. When done, tested, everything works pull the cover back off, fill the camp with silicone Form-a-gasket, put it back together, and wipe off the excess. Takes a long time for it to totally dry, but you can use it while it dries. But the thing is sealed just as good as the factory molded.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
ETRAILER.com has a large supply of all different things for RV Trailers... They also have a great section on trailer wiring...

I'm sure you can find what you need from their on-line site..

Great folks to deal with. I have ordered things from them many times over the years...

I also order a lot of items for my RV trailer from AMAZON...

When it comes to the safety features I always like to replace with new items rather than to try to save a buck or two 'jerry rigging' something in place to fix things... Just me haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to know which end you are talking about. Here is both:

Trailer end

Car end
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic