cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carolina Pines RV Resort Myrtle Beach

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
Where to begin with the disgust I have for this park that hasn’t opened yet. Months ago we saw an ad in Trailer Life Magazine about this new park opening near Myrtle Beach. We made reservations back in February for this 4th of July, 3 campers, 12 people and one cabin for friends coming from Florida.

We’ve kept up with the progress through Facebook, lots of bad reviews had started showing up about the progress of the park. We made a call about a month ago and were assured everything with the exception of the lazy river (phase 2 project) would be up and running by the July 1st opening. Yesterday we saw a post from someone that was also concerned about the progress of the park and took a ride to see for themselves. After reading their account of the lack of progress they saw and what was nowhere near complete, we decided to make a call.

We called the direct number to the park and were told that we were on a list of people to be called about our reservation. It was explained to us that most of the amenities in the park would not be ready by opening day on July 1st. We were offered two options, a coupon for 2 free nights within a year or a full refund of our $365 deposit.

So, with the information about what wasn't going to be open we decided to cancel. We were traveling with 8 kids in our group who were so excited about water slides and bowling and golf, none of which are ready.

Now here we are 2 weeks from the holiday weekend and can’t find a single place with room for our group. These people had to have know these things weren’t going to be ready in time months ago.

Thanks SUN RESORTS for ruining our summer vacation.
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD double cab 4x4
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32 BHDS
Prodigy Brake Control
Eaz-Lift WD - Eaz-Lift sway control
13 REPLIES 13

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will have to turn off ad blockers to view

clicky
Puma 30RKSS

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
In todays Myrtle Beach newspaper.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article236538123.html

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bucky! Thanks for the info! I think was looking for a tad bit warmer weather. Would be coming all the way from Cincinnati ohio, where we get pretty cold, and would really like a big temp diffference! Looks like I need to go a but further south! I apprecaite it!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is mention of the pool in section A being heated, best to call the park to confirm,
This area is always busy near round due to the native population and things to do.
The weather can be all over the place around New Years. We have been here at that time when the temps were high 60s but we have also had to wait for the awning to thaw out before we could leave the next day. That day was forecast to be in the 70s NOT!
The oceanfront parks would be warmer that time of year as the water is still warmer than the air. This park is well back from the ocean.
You shouldn't have any issues getting in wherever you want to at that time of year.
Puma 30RKSS

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky-nice update, thanks!. Any indoor pools? do you think there would be much going on at this park around new years this year? Trying to decide where to go and this was one I was looking into.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are sitting in the park right now.
This place is over the top with more to come. The pools are still open, the water park is still open. The bowling alley, bar, restaurant, dog parks, camp store, and putt putt golf are all open. You just need to see it, it's all first class. Even the palm trees each have their own flood lights. The sites are decently spaced for a commercial CG
We are state park campers but this place is impressive, 482 sites are finished and there are 2 more phases still under construction with several hundred more sites. The place was over 90% full this weekend,
I am no fan of Sun Properties overall but this location is going to be a big winner for them.
There is active construction going on for the additional sites with the associated noise and commotion but the only activity this past weekend was landscapers with sod and mulch going on.
I don't see us ever coming back as we prefer the beachfront state parks in the area, but we would if the grands were involved.
I have no connection with Sun, just my opinion.
Almost forgot, they have a shuttle to their own oceanfront beach club with it's own pool.
Puma 30RKSS

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking that this rv park may have delays due to the contractors actually doing the work. They may have had employees not show up, out sick, parts could be back-ordered. Many businesses have to delay their openings because things don't always go as planned to get things done.

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Being in the construction industry and knowing how delays go, I think you took a major risk in expecting it to be open on time. Don't take that as a knock, I may have done the same thing. Sometimes you win, this time you didn't. Hopefully, you can find somewhere to stay and forget about it. Good Luck !

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:
Lantley wrote:
I Understand you disappointment however a place to stay without full amenities beats no place to stay at all.
At this point if you can't find anything else why not just stay there?

x2 considering the area and how crowded rv parks, hotels, and condos are there in the summer

Due to the lies and mistrust we have received from these people we would never stay here, I can pull the slides and awning in my friends driveway and use his pool and save $70.00 a night. We were paying for an experience they are failing to deliver.
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD double cab 4x4
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32 BHDS
Prodigy Brake Control
Eaz-Lift WD - Eaz-Lift sway control

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
I Understand you disappointment however a place to stay without full amenities beats no place to stay at all.

x2 considering the area and how crowded rv parks, hotels, and condos are there in the summer

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Whammon1
Explorer
Explorer
Try Willowtree RV park.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Try Tabor City. There is a KOA and the Carrollwoods campground that may have openings, I don't know. It's only a 30 minute drive into Myrtle and much more peaceful.