Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Directv On The Road Satellite Options and Equipment
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Directv On The Road Satellite Options and Equipment

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While the info about DirecTV is accurate, DISH uses 2 sets of 3 satellites and those that travel coast to coast my be required to use the Eastern set of satellites (EA or Eastern Arc) to receive local Network programming. Most domes antennas (and none of the open face antennas) can automatically switch between the WA and EA set of satellites.
As to the "do you want to pay" question, YES, I want to pay to ensure I have TV everywhere I go. The OTA antenna cannot do that! You might say that satellite cannot either since a tree blocking the signal would prevent that. The good news is that my RV has wheels. I can move a few feet (or more) and I WILL have a clear view. With nearly 20 years of practice I can tell you that I CAN get satellite TV EVERYWHERE!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can change locals everyday with DISH. I was never able to change with DTV.

You don’t switch between east or west while watching. You SELECT east or west from a menu you get when you connect the Pathway. You can get everything on either set.
It DOES only gets one sat at a time and switches between sats automatically.
The second tv can only watch channels on which sat the primary tv is on.

We were in FL Sunday, Albany GA yesterday and Helen GA today.
I changed locals everyday. You have to call.

If you have an RV account (vs Residential acct) you can change locals with their app from a Smart phone. I can reauthorize my sat box from my phone.

I must stay in too many shady campgrounds but I haven’t used my rooftop dome in years.

I consider them useless.

I switched from DTV to DISH and bought a Winegard Pathway X2 auto seek carry out dish that gets HD. Pathway is the only one that lets you choose either east or west sats.

This is an advantage when there are trees or hills. The east sats are in a different area of the sky than the west sats so you have options when there trees.

Directv is not RV friendly.

Sat internet is very pricey and slow.

We use Verizon. I just bought a Wilson Weboost RV and it is working great in weak areas.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Op is gone.

Loving God's Country!

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you everyone for your info.! Obviously I have some research to do!

God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Directv On The Road Satellite Options and Equipment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS