cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air in water lines

5_wheels
Explorer
Explorer
Filled the water tank, started my pump and get lots of air when turn sunk and tub open? Where do i start looking for problem?
6 REPLIES 6

5_wheels
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. I ran all water (every faucets). The spitting stopped in all faucets except kitchen. I need to find the pump and look to see whats happening there. A couple of things that I'm doing now to the trailer are that I just power washed the roof, now when it stops raining I'm going to scrape the mess of silicone and all the other **** off. It is a royal mess. Then I need to coat the roof. I need to replace the top vents as a couple of them are broke. I have a screen that was off when i got the camper, but it is just not going in. Just one of the many projects before putting it on the road. I've cleaned the camper from top to bottom with Lysol and hot water. The camper sat for more then 15 years and the mice had great parties in there. I've sealed all holes and properly cleaned it. Now I need to get mouse mix and place that all over. One more thing. I need to put air shocks or air bags in my truck to help when towing, but that will be one of the last things I do. I'm getting long winded and random here so I'll stop here. Talk to you all soon and thanks for all the great great advice!

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
OK, older model, so no "convenience" center. Most likely culprit for air is the inlet side of the pump, IMO.

As for dinging the cab of your truck, were you backing up or going forward? If going forward, then your truck, IMO, has one =tight= turning radius...assuming you had the slider in the rear position. If you were backing up, ALL FWs will hit the cab; the slider just gives you more time/room before you DO hit.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

5_wheels
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer is a 1988 model. Taurus Fleetwood 5th wheel. I'm new to this stuff so there is a learning curve. I alredy tapped the side of my vab on my truck and dinged it. And thats with a slider. I'm still not sure why it happened. What should i be doing differently? I do appreciate the quick responses so far. I will look into the things you guys brought up. Thanks.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing to check: If you have a line for sucking the RV antifreeze through your water pump when winterizing then make sure that the valve on that line is fully closed. (I had that problem, once.)

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
If the trailer has been winterized and the lines are empty you will get a lot of spitting of air before water is produced. So, be sure you have let it run for a while before giving up. You really can't hurt anything by just letting air spit out.

I know some newer trailers have valves to switch and allow filling the fresh tank from city water connection so I'm not sure if that could have some impact. You might also try to hookup to city water and give things a try to see if it works. If the pump is running an you're spitting out air is sounds like things are working. Be sure you have plenty of water in the tank and you're not on a steep angle. I know when I'm parking in front of my house on an angle the water pump will often dry-fire due to all the water in the tank running to on end.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Hot Side.....air from water heater while filling it....should stop once water heater is full

Hot & Cold side----normal when first running/filling plumbing lines ---- should stop once hot/cold plumbing is full & pressurized

Not stopping
Suction side of pump
Suction line, pump strainer, pump casing...something is sucking air in

Discharge side of pump and it would be a water leak
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31