Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Insurance recommendations for Class C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Insurance recommendations for Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Newbiecampers

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Citizens (part of Hanover) doubled our collision coverage on our Class C (yes, a little over 100% increase) with having had no claims/accidents/violations. And at almost 3 weeks now since the inquiry, I can get no explanation. They raised the collision to over $1400/yr for just the collision portion of the policy alone. Our other vehicles went down.

So needless to say, I am looking for new coverage and recommendations. What companies have those here had good luck/pricing/service with?

Thanks

lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out Foremost Ins. I have a house in a "high fire danger area" and a pontoon boat, with them.

04 F250,CC, 4x4, Dsl., LgBd, XLT, SuperDuty, Cmpr Pkg, Off Rd Pkg

07 Arctic Fox 29 5T
Toad Riv B.C.
17 Chev/CLS C F.R. Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

CloudDriver

New Jersey Shore

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with Progressive. We have collision, comprehensive and liability with them on our 2003 Class C for $407/yr. Never had a claim for the MH but did have one for our car and satisfied with the response.

2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450">

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could try AAA,Liability,medical,Comprehensive,Collision,Uninsured Motorist $297

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

tobydad

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/19 05:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My motorhome insurance jumped up by over $400.00 last year. No claims ever. Found Progressive to be less than half of what I was paying and they offered more coverage. Check them out along with others before deciding.

KPetrick

Englewood

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We can shop it for you a The Good Sam Insurance Agency. We use National General, Safeco, Progressive and Foremost. We will make sure you have the correct coverage's at the best pricing.

Keith

Newbiecampers

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions to date everyone.

I will check them out.

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m in Canada so dont have experience with US companies. I did have an interesting experience after using TD insurance on our small class C for years, and reducing the coverage to fire and theft for the winter months when not camping. Cost of roughly $250 a year. All of a sudden they said I had to keep liability insurance year round, increasing the cost a lot. It happened we bought a used wheelchair minivan with a loading ramp and low floor. TD refused to sell insurance for it until I had it towed to a city more than an hour away so they could figure out its value. It had been insured by Cooperators so I called them, getting an an employee who knew me. She had no problem emailing a pink card insurance certificate in 10 minutes at a reasonable rate. We didn’t want collision insurance on the 6 year old van anyway. Later I got a quote for the motorhome - one third of the TD price for the same coverage. And I could reduce that if I didn’t keep liability coverage in the winter. When I called TD to cancel the guy on the phone told me TD was not interested in insuring motorhomes so they didn’t have a good price.

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mercury, excellent coverage, fair price, agent a few miles from home. I have found that having an agent and not an internet man in India sure makes a difference in responses and handling issues.
I have had ALL my vehicles quoted by other companies, all 6 of them, and Mercury came up as the best value, my home is insured with them as well. I just added a 2019 Wrangler and it bumped it up a little bit.

Newbiecampers

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

klutchdust wrote:

Mercury, excellent coverage, fair price, agent a few miles from home......(snip quote).....I have had ALL my vehicles quoted by other companies, all 6 of them, and Mercury came up as the best value, my home is insured with them as well. I just added a 2019 Wrangler and it bumped it up a little bit.

Thanks. I'll check them out as well.

Quote:

I have found that having an agent and not an internet man in India sure makes a difference in responses and handling issues.

I used to think the same as well (and have had the same agent for over 2 decades), but after this recent experience I am questioning the value of having the "middle man." My "agent" did absolutely nothing when this insurance doubled. No phone call, no suggestions of "let's look at a different insurance company," nothing... And they did see the increase as they had reduced my coverage in order to save some on the premium (as I had asked them to do if it made $$ sense, before I knew of the increase). And for 3 weeks I got no communication from them regarding why this increased as it did. I had to keep calling them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Insurance recommendations for Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS