cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cargo trailer DIY reccomendations

dirtbikemike
Explorer
Explorer
Im going to buy a 20-24 foot cargo trailer so I can build a toy hauler. Looking for reccomendations on quality brands that aren't prone to leak, etc. Water damage seems to be very common with every used toy hauler I look at and from what ive researched even the new ones are just slapped together and poorly made. I want to avoid water damage so ive chosen to go the cargo trailer DIY route.
Can anyone recommend a good cargo trailer brand?
3 REPLIES 3

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/enclosed-trailers/

Rounded vs V nose

different trailer widths to 8'+

and more important for how much load your carrying is 7k or 10k GVWR trailer.

Like all trailers you really need to see it for yourself such as interior construction.

I've used enclosed trailers for on jobsite tool trailers. The company I sub'd with supplied some trailers. Two were aluminum frame. Neither one stood up to being drug around the country and on rough construction work sites. RVing may be different.
Like all trailers tho its how its constructed from the axles on up.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
You might reach out to these folks. Made in Idaho, looks like they do custom orders. Seems I've read good news in general about the brand.
Mirage

Also, take a look here for DIY ideas:
Cargo Trailer Conversions
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on budget I would look at the aluminum trailers like EZ Hauler, they are lighter. Also I would look at the roofs and make sure that they are one piece roofs.