cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GD Imagine 2500RL New and improved TV mount

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
We recently inquired about anyone who had changed out their stock TV mount ( 10" extension ) for a longer one that actually works as it should. We got no direct response other than buy one and stick it up so we decided to go for it.

First one we ordered was really heavy duty but dual arm and would not work. The one we installed is a single arm 25" extension and works great.

You can now actually watch TV from both recliners without a problem. You can move it closer to you, farther away if you want, basically any position, and also adjust the vertical angle about 15%.

It will be secured by a strap of fabric my wife uses to make grocery bags and the strap will be held with velcro. We are installing short pieces of pool noodle on each side in the back to keep it from wiggling around when tied down.

Don't know if I can attach pics or not, but will try.

Very pleased with the outcome. Obviously the GD folks never tried to actually watch the TV.

[img] Click For Full-Size Image.[/img]

Click For Full-Size Image.

6 REPLIES 6

lexbernier
Explorer
Explorer
CAn you provide a link to the mount, and it seems you added an extra backing board? Which mount di not work? I was thinking of using the MorRyde 25"

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That surprises me. One reason we got our Grand Design Imagine 2650 was the straight-on tv viewing.
And yes, we love the trailer. I'd buy another GD in a heartbeat.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
We eliminated a number of trailers because of the 'neck wrecker' television-seating position. The GD 2500RL is one of the many we eliminated.

We eliminated a bunch because of seating / view too. We liked everything else about this one and knew it could be fixed.

Cost < 75 dollars and problem solved. Works / more flexible than most factory setups.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
We eliminated a number of trailers because of the 'neck wrecker' television-seating position. The GD 2500RL is one of the many we eliminated.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Kathy,

We posted a rather long review of our first 90 days on this site 03/18/2019. I will attempt to link it below.

Bottom line, after some initial issues that were resolved we are very happy. We really love this TT layout, quality, towing, et.

Unfortunately, since we returned from the Keys, I have been having Chemo one week every month so we have not been on another trip. We are hoping to get to the NC Mountains in July or August. The TV mount was one thing we wanted to change. Otherwise the 2500RL is very functional.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29859869.cfm

Kathy_Day
Explorer
Explorer
How do you like your Grand Design Imagine travel trailer otherwise?