cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ordering camp chairs at the store

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Two weeks ago I ordered two camp chairs at a Camping World store. This was on a Sunday and was told they'd be in the following Thursday and I'd get a phone call confirming their arrival. No call so I went to the store the following Saturday. After 20 minutes of two associates searching the back room I was told the order must not have gone in and the "allocation" (as they called it) would be placed again and the chairs would be in the following Thursday. The following Friday (today) I again went to the store, and again was told the order (allocation) had not been placed.

This time one of the managers (Eric) assured me the chairs would definitely be ordered and I could call him Tuesday to verifiy they're on the way. Come Tueday, we'll see. Stay tuned.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J
22 REPLIES 22

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
You guys crack me up. Amusing how far this thread has continued after I received the chairs I wanted. They are exactly what I wanted and expected so I will not be returning them. But if I did need to return something as large as two camp chairs I wouldn't want to deal with returning them to Amazon or another mail order retailer.

I'm going on a camping trip next week and I'll be enjoying these chairs. I'll check back in a couple of weeks and see if you guys are still at it here. ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Camper Ken wrote:
To those who responded offering advice of other sources for the chairs I ordered...
1. The chairs I want are not available at Walmart. I do not want to mail order from a source such as Amazon, since I want to try out the chairs and return to a local store if necessary.
2. I checked several sources for the chairs. They are not cheaper at Amazon or other camping or sporting goods stores. The price on these specific chairs may very by 2 or 3 dollars depending on the source.

Amazon also has a very generous return policy.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Oklahoma_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Good point. It may have been said in a jestful tone or it may not have been. So after thinking it over I have decided it was jestful. I apologize if I hurt any feelings.

We are guests commenting here on this site. Do you think it proper to include a hint in any comments on this site even in jest that could possibly injure the business of our hosts?

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Oklahoma Dan wrote:
Be nice friend. Many are seeing this.

Actually, he could say the same to you. In your post, you basically (or actually call it what it is, you DID) accused him of planning on returning the chairs to CW at the end of their Return Policy period.

So maybe you should think about what you post before you post it, and determine if it was said in a jestful tone or not.

Have a wonderful day.

Oklahoma_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Be nice friend. Many are seeing this.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Oklahoma Dan wrote:
BillyBob Jim wrote:
Glad it worked out.

What was the final tally?

7 days, 4 phone calls, 4 forum posts, 2 post's from Ella, and 3 trips to the store for 2 chairs? Awesome. Camping World gets 5 stars for convenience.

Sure hope they're comfortable and you don't have to return them, might take until Labor Day;)

Is this a suggestion of retaliation against Camping World? That wink in the caricature says quite alot. What this seems to imply is for you to take advantage of the Camping World return policy. In other words take advantage and use brand new chairs. Then wait until Labor Day when you don't need them and then return them. So Camping World by having a very generous return policy ultimately in the end gets stuck with two old and used chairs. And the buyer expects refund on the purchase.

What?

Oklahoma_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:
Glad it worked out.

7 days, 4 phone calls, 4 forum posts, 2 post's from Ella, and 3 trips to the store for 2 chairs? Awesome. Camping World gets 5 stars for convenience.

Sure hope they're comfortable and you don't have to return them, might take until Labor Day;)

Is this a suggestion of retaliation against Camping World? That wink in the caricature says quite alot. What this seems to imply is for you to take advantage of the Camping World return policy. In other words take advantage and use brand new chairs. Then wait until Labor Day when you don't need them and then return them. So Camping World by having a very generous return policy ultimately in the end gets stuck with two old and used chairs. And the buyer expects refund on the purchase.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe they'll send you a 25% off coupon good on your next purchase for the aggravation, as long as you use it in person at the store not online and in the next 10 days prior to its expiration date, of which 5 of those days were spent in the mail coming to you, and only good on in stock merchandise.:B

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the update Camper Ken.
We hope you enjoy camping and the chairs.
Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it worked out.

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Final followup report:
I was contacted by phone by two regional managers who stepped in and made sure my local store received the chairs I wanted. I picked them up today. End of story.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Camper Ken,

I apologize you have not been contacted about the chairs. I have requested you be called today regarding this matter.

Thank you for your patience.
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Camper Ken wrote:
Two weeks ago I ordered two camp chairs at a Camping World store. This was on a Sunday and was told they'd be in the following Thursday and I'd get a phone call confirming their arrival. No call so I went to the store the following Saturday. After 20 minutes of two associates searching the back room I was told the order must not have gone in and the "allocation" (as they called it) would be placed again and the chairs would be in the following Thursday. The following Friday (today) I again went to the store, and again was told the order (allocation) had not been placed.

This time one of the managers (Eric) assured me the chairs would definitely be ordered and I could call him Tuesday to verifiy they're on the way. Come Tueday, we'll see. Stay tuned.

It's now 10pm on Tuesday June 18th. Eric, the manager I spoke with last Friday who put in another allocation for the two chairs I want said to call him today and he would verify the order is in progress. I called twice this afternoon, got his voice mail, left messages each time but did not hear back. He said last Friday that he's off on Wednesday and Thursday, leaving no option but to check again this Friday. I'm more than annoyed to say the least. I really want this particular style of chair.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J