cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

well, found the smell

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back in March drove the coach to Las Vegas. I noticed a few miles from home at the service station a wet, musty hay smell. Looked underneath and there was a clump of straw hanging down. Living in an area and having straw around our property i assumed I drove through or the wind blew some underneath.

yesterday moved the coach to ready for a weekend adventure and after raising hood saw this.
It was buried down low, under the fuse box. Using mechanical pinchers I pulled it out a little at a time.

Well, having a variety of animals we know we have rats and mice. The bride encourages me to handle them in a humane way. i have tried the yeast mixtures, baking soda etc. On my night vision camera i see them giving me the middle finger.

This morning I ordered a pail of the irresistible green poison blocks and will strategically place them where they travel.

I inspected under and around and found no damage from chewing. I believe they left, maybe at 50 MPH when I drove the coach last time and have been living under the chicken coop.

Any suggestions or methods you use. The basic old traps may catch one then when louie doesn't come home they figure it out or maybe sneaking by and seeing his head smashed gives it away.
My crows enjoy them though,

9 REPLIES 9

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
sounds like you need a fleet of cats

EXACTLY. We have cats in the barn and the RV stays in the barn all winter and never had a mouse issue. Have had cat pee on the tires however.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
navegator
We seldom see rabbits , they must be tasty .

Scientific name for coyotes: Eatamus Anythingamus.

A rancher friend of mine always said "Never give a coyote an even break." Ranchers far and wide don't like 'em much. :^)
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
navegator wrote:
Maybe you could train the coyotes to after the mice?

navegator

We seldom see rabbits , they must be tasty .

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you could train the coyotes to after the mice?

navegator

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
klutchdust wrote:
Well Iโ€™m on it now . My guess is they were ready to move in then I went to Vegas.
We battle constantly with coyotes our cats are trained to come in at night . Neighbor lost hers last week to coyote.
From this point forward I plan on starting the coach for 10 minutes once a week. Our fruit is coming so the rats need to go .

A friend suggested going to the pound and get a fleet of feral cats , their life span is short anyway because of the euthanasia program they have . My cats are my furry buds thatโ€™s sounds a bit harsh.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well Iโ€™m on it now . My guess is they were ready to move in then I went to Vegas.
We battle constantly with coyotes our cats are trained to come in at night . Neighbor lost hers last week to coyote.
From this point forward I plan on starting the coach for 10 minutes once a week. Our fruit is coming so the rats need to go .

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
oops double post sorry

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like you need a fleet of cats

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I draw the line at my spouse's requests for "humane" treatment when it is pests. Miss one of those nests and you might have a fire driving down the road.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad