cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

curtains for front windshield

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a place to buy replacement front windshield that includes drivers side window and passenger side window for 2002 monaco pbd
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
11 REPLIES 11

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
devildog1971 wrote:
Is there a place to buy replacement front windshield that includes drivers side window and passenger side window for 2002 monaco pbd

DW bought regular household curtains and sewed them together for our old gasser, that we no longer have.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Any custom drapery shop should be able make a new set using the old set as a pattern.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MrWizard
this is what i made my front drapes with

roc-lon light blocking drapery liner

54" width, purchase by the yard

i had to trim it, because the width was taller than my windshield in this bounder, i think i bought 8 yards, i wanted to have extra
even with them fully closed for the side windows and windshield, there are still folds in the fabric, and do a really good job of blocking light both ways, nobody sees in, really helps cut the summer heat
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
These guys have pretty much everything, although they are a little pricey.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 2000 Monaco and I found that most ready made rv draperies were not sized to fit the windshield and side windows. They were not tall enough and not wide enough. I found some x-tra wide drapery panels online, still had to buy 4 of them. Talked to a dry cleaner and their alterations person agreed to re-make them into 2 draperies, shortened, hemmed and the tape with hanging clips sewn across the top. It's getting time to do something again. Have seen an idea to use fabric shower curtains with a solid color backing fabric to the outside - thinking of trying that.

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our curtains with shades from blinds.com and love them. I love that we can lower the windshield shade to block the sun as we drive, or open the shades on the side windows and open the windows to enjoy fresh air. It was inexpensive and easy to replace that nasty curtains. Check it out, you'll love the new options you'll have.

MrWizard
Curtains
I made my own
Went to Amazon and bought
Roc-Lon fabric, light and heat blocking fabric
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a rear windshield? Sorry, couldn't resist.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago we bought replacements for our 2007 Endeavor from eBay. They came in four panels. So, we had to sew them together to make two panels. They were the correct length and material type. Would also try Amazon. Shouldn't be brain surgery.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry! I just couldn't resist doing that:o. While I cannot recommend any shops that deal in curtains, there are ads in RV magazines like Motorhome and I'm sure a search will turn up quite a few.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Yes!
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II