Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Hose question........
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Hose question........

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Big_steve

SW Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, we took the plunge and bought a used trailer. It has no freshwater or sewer hoses. We expect to camp in parks with full connections. So how long should each of the hoses be?

The trailer has a black tank flush port. Do I need to bring a hose to use that? Or does the park have one by the campsite or dump station?

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going to be different for every park.

Start with maybe 2x 25ft fresh hoses and a 10ft Rhino sewer hose with the 10-15 ft extension hose kit (comes with the coupler). Can't comment on a flush connection, no experience there.

How's it for Electric cord? Maybe a 25ft RV extension cord too?

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fresh water - a minimum of 50 feet. You should do 2 - 25 footers. Just get a regular garden hose for the black tank flush, although Camco has a pretty orange one for that.

Rhino has a 20 foot kit that is 2 - 10 footers and the ends. Standard Rhino cheaped out when Camco came out with Rhino Extreme.

Lwiddis

Hearst San Simeon State Park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why connect to city water? Fill your fresh water tank and use that. Much less chance of a water line problem.

Black tank flushes are nice but if you fill your black with water before dumping, you don’t need to flush very often.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plan on your own flush hose. Make sure it is a different color than the fresh water hose.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

catkins

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use 2x25' water hoses - food grade not garden hoses! Sewer hoses , one 15' sewerand , one 10' and one 5'........ we always seem to need a few more inches. Yes, you should use a different hose for the rinse connection on the sewer tank.Enjoy the adventure!

jarata1

Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do a search on outfitting a newly purchased rv

lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For fresh water from site spigot to camper we carry a 10ft. and 20ft. Use the 10ft. most of the time. For sewer hoses we carry a 10ft. and a 20ft. with a coupler to combine the 2 together if need be. Again, we use the 10 ft. mostly. Also, keep in mind that these hoses particularly sewer hoses can take up a lot of storage space.

04 F250,CC, 4x4, Dsl., LgBd, XLT, SuperDuty, Cmpr Pkg, Off Rd Pkg

07 Arctic Fox 29 5T
Toad Riv B.C.
17 Chev/CLS C F.R. Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I carry one 10' water hose (spigot to water filter) and two 25' water hoses (to reach the trailer). I carry one 15' sewer hose. If that is not enough, I break camp when needed and go dump.

For the tank flush, my TT has a backflow preventer built in. I bought a 6' water hose and two more backflow preventers. I put one backflow preventer on each end of the 6' water hose. I feel safe using the 6' water hose attached to my drinking water hose as a flush. Three backflow preventers would all have to fail to contaminate it. (Those who demand a dedicated hose are still hooking their dedicated hose to the spigot where they get fresh water.)

I use a water filter whenever we fill the fresh water tank or use shore water because at one campsite in Florida (in 2009), I got sand in my water system and never got it out again (sold that RV in 2017).

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very rare to need more than 25' fresh water hose or more than 20' sewer hose.
Worst case pick up what you need at the camp store. Carrying tons of extra stuff just in case will bury you in junk.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Hose question........
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS