cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rt 68 off I75

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'll be coming from the north and looking for advice on rt68 off I75 up to the Blairsville area. Traveling in TC with a 12' trailer. Thanks...
4 REPLIES 4

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Jaycocamprs, I'm hoping not to be a rolling road block it's not a huge RV, 3500 drw with a 4000lb TC adding the trailer its about 40'. Would like to avoid Chattanooga and take some new to me back roads. I'm aware of the dragon which is close by only take that on the bike.....

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
It's been years since I've been on TN-68 from Tellico Plains to Ducktown. There aren't many choices to get from I-75 in Tennessee to Murphy NC/Blairsville GA. As I remember TN-68 is a good as any, and better than some others. Both the Cherohala Skyway & US-441 climb to over 4500'. US-129, aka the Tail of the Dragon. A pickup with 12' trailer you wouldn't have any problem, but it would be farther and slower. TN-68 is real good to Tellico Plains, and not any worse than any other from there to Ducktown TN.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I'm looking at rt 68 starting in Tennessee around sweetwater then picking up 294, to 19/129 into the Blairville Georgia area. Never came to from the north before, traveling in a TC and pulling a 12' trailer. Don't wish to end up on any roads not meant for rv's. Thanks....

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
You might get more replies if you include the State
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited