cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to replace furniture

Wieyn
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Landmark 365 Charleston. Looking to replace the furniture https://reclinerfaq.com/recliners-with-ottoman/.
our furniture is starting to peel, (have seen the other thread concerning this issue).
My question is,,, How many folks have replaced with residential furniture?
how big of a concern is weight? Especially in a slide out?

Any opinions from those who have replaced with residential furniture
on brands? Especially, brands the come apart for easier moving into the rig?

Any opinions welcome concerning this endeavor!?!?!?!

Also our rig is in the shop for maint. items and it is an hour and a half
away from us. If anyone has a Charleston, maybe fulltimers, who can
measure the couch and stadium seat for width and let me know I would appreciate it.
9 REPLIES 9

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
In our old 5th wheel I did the same as a previous poster, got rid of the couch and replaced with 2 lazy boys. Wish I'd done it a couple of years earlier.

In our newer 5th I'm once again considering getting rid of the couch just for the additional space. RV couches are not well made or comfortable. Our newer one has a fold out bed and we slept on it once and that will be the last time. We purchased an Intex inflatable queen mattress in case we get guests. Otherwise I'd like to just have a card table with folding chairs so we can do puzzles and have workspace when needed. (we spend about 4 months in our 5th wheel during the winter down in FL)
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
JOERVDREAM wrote:
Hi Im still in the market for my first RV. My question is about the models that have the odd shaped bed in the back corner. Is there any way to modify that maybe with a smaller mattress size so it could be accessed from at least one side? Climbing in and out from the bottom is not something I want to do if Im living full time in it.
My apologies if this is not posted in the right topic.
Thanks

You need to start a new topic. The link to do so is near the top of the page, it says "Post New Topic". You will get more (and more relevant) replies that way.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Im still in the market for my first RV. My question is about the models that have the odd shaped bed in the back corner. Is there any way to modify that maybe with a smaller mattress size so it could be accessed from at least one side? Climbing in and out from the bottom is not something I want to do if Im living full time in it.
My apologies if this is not posted in the right topic.
Thanks

The_ugly_duckli
Explorer
Explorer
We ripped out our couch and replaced it with two Lazy Boy recliners.
Before going to Lazy Boy, we measured the space and checked recliner dimension online. Lazy Boys smallest recliner designed for college dorms and such was just right! When traveling we slide them facing each other and have a bungee strap that keeps them in place. they've been great, very comfortable and durable.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a sectional. It's being delivered on Saturday:
http://havertys.com/furniture/reynolds

We have a dining room table that we bought from Amazon with cheap chairs from Amazon (they stack for less space occupied when not in use) and we built a L-shaped bench. Came flat-packed and built inside.

In the kid's room, we have a dresser, desk, 2 wall cabinets, a tall shelf, and a pull-out sofa bed. All built in the room. Fortunately it's a toy hauler with garage door if I ever have to yank any of it out.

So long as you can get it through the door, there's no issue with residential furniture!
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
If you buy RV furniture, you get the same low quality that was installed by the factory. Go with residential, you'll be glad you did.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Many RV'ers have replaced their furniture with residential furniture. Weight would be a minor concern since most RV furniture weighs about the same.

The biggest concern is to make sure it's not too large to fit through the door or a window. to get it in the RV.

Lazy-boy and many other recliners come apart, many couches have removable backs.

So be sure to measure before buying.

I read about one couple that had to remove a large window to get a new couch in their RV.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Recpro.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Lambright Custom Furniture Topeka, IN. Your choice of materials, wood finishes. They use Leggett and Platt mechanisms for recliners...industry gold standard.

Great folks to deal with. Stay overnight, early morning installs, on the road again.
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843