cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trust Worthy Service

Al_Jones
Explorer
Explorer
The work I'm having done is at River State Truck and Trailer in Roberts Wisconsin. When I took our Holiday Rambler Vacationer there I told them I wanted them to check the shocks and replace if needed, steering stabilizer replace if needed, Service the transmission, flush the break fluid and refill, change the oil, new plugs and wires and do a front end alignment.

This is what they came up with:

1. The break fluid looked good and recommended no service

2. The Transmission Had a new filter and clean fluid recommended no service

3. Plugs and wires, They told me those are the original and said on that motor not to change until 100k miles ( at 33K now) no service recommended.

4. They said the steering stabilizer looked brand new not even any rust. recommended no service.

5.They said the shocks were almost new and recommended no service.

6. They did a test drive and recommended a front end alignment, they did not feel a four wheel alignment was called for.

7. During the test drive the Mechanic noticed the dash air was not cooling very good. After inspection found two leaks in the compressor recommended a new compressor.

8. The Mechanic said he would test all the batteries, no results yet.

9. They greased the chassis.

10. Hoses and belts passed inspection

11. They noticed some coolant on the upper part of the engine and found that a drain plug in the coolant system was leaking and said it just needed tightened.

12. This is my bad, they found that the rear tires were down to only 50lbs pressure. They consider 20lbs below minimum pressure to be the same as flat. They aired the tires up to proper levels and the coach rides and drives like new. The dealer where we bought this coach let us drive away with flat tires and I didn't know any better.

There is more to list but my main reason to post this is to let everyone know that this shop is honest and does not do repairs that are not needed. They take time to have the Mechanic talk to the customer.

If you are near this area I would recommend this shop and if you are traveling and going to pass by (they are right off of Interstate 94 in Wisconsin near the Minnesota border). Call ahead for an appointment and they even have power hook up if you need to boondock over night if they have to order parts for you.
Al, Cindy and Kisses the professional sleeper
2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34PDT
Toad 2019 Chevy Spark
5 REPLIES 5

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest having your MAF cleaned based on my experience with my 8.1 engine.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Al_Jones
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
Nice to find a place you trust.

What engine do you have?

I have the 8.1 gas. But if you have a diesel my guess is they will have no problem considering all the big trucks they service are diesels. There were 2 or 3 other motorhomes there while we were there last week. Going back tomorrow.
Al, Cindy and Kisses the professional sleeper
2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34PDT
Toad 2019 Chevy Spark

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know they are only 55 miles from me
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to find a place you trust.

What engine do you have?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
you should consider writing them up in here.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle