cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing awning on MH $$

MR_MAC
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my awning on our Motor home (made a bo-bo and destroyed it) I'm going to install a manual awning instead of ele. First quote I received (not from a dealer) was $743.98 for roller and fab. And $347.98 for awning arm and hardware assembly. My awning is an 18 ft. with 6'/6" arms. hat does not include any labor, as I am going to install it my self. Anybody know where I my get a lower price. Thanks Rob
ROBERT L MC INTYRE
4 REPLIES 4

MR_MAC
Explorer
Explorer
The price was on a Dometic Manual, an electric one is bout twice the price, plus I do a lot of camping in NS Canada, a lot of wind off the water the man. is some what stronger. the good thing about ele. is my wife can push the button but she don't like doing it. But anyway thanks for the info. I did buy a 22ft. about 23 yrs. ago for a lot less but every thing was a lot less then. Thanks again.
ROBERT L MC INTYRE

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
that sounds like a good price. Don't know if you can get much better that that. Many years ago maybe 15 years I bought a 22 foot manual awning. Price for all parts was $1200.00. Had the armour shield also. I believe it was a carefee. Installed it my self. Bought at an RV supply house. NOT CAMPING WORLD!!!!

Tim

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
If I couldn't have an electric awning, I go with a patio umbrella and forget an awning altogether. Most folks don't use their manual awnings because they're a PITA to roll out and put away so what the use in having one?
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What brand???
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/