cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tailgater??

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a dish hopper 3 with Sling. In case we get parked in trees do the roof dish won’t work I’m trying to figure out if there is one of the automatic type portables that is compatible.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
5 REPLIES 5

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Using the Hopper with a portable automatic dish doesn't look good. See this page at Winegard: http://www.winegard.com/dishnetwork/dish-compatible-satellite-systems

If it was me, I'd buy a Wally if I needed an RF remote or even better, find a Vip211k (but the remote is only IF). The Wally only has a single HDMI output port. The Vip211k has RF, composite and HDMI ports. It has a built-in OTA tuner to receive local channels and you can connect a USB external hard drive so that it becomes a DVR. I found mine on Craig's list and Ebay for only $30. I love it! The only downside is the IF remote meaning you have to be in the same room for the remote to work. I use a splitter off the RF port to send the signal to the front and rear TVs in my MH - works great and just about any automatic portable dish will work with it!
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
With DISH if you have a multi-chanel system A tripod mount "Dish" is the only way to go,
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, you must have a full sized open face antenna to make the Hopper work (any Hopper).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don’t think any carry out works with a Hopper. You’ll need a tripod and the proper LNB.

I use a Winegard Pathway X2 with a 211Z box. HD works great.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
The last I checked (two years ago) the Dish Tailgator worked with only two of the Dish receivers and one was not the hopper. You'll need to check for current details.