cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

vehicle to tow all 4 wheels on the ground

bymyself
Explorer
Explorer
I have a E450 V10 unit is 32ft. long looking at a unit similar to a colorado.
6 REPLIES 6

mnoeltne
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
What is your RVโ€™s unit towing capacity?

This. First determine how much weight you can tow.

Then go check out the towing guides to see which ones can be flat towed. Go here to check that.

I think a Colorado/Canyon might be a bit heavy, as I'm going to take a wild guess and assume your motorhome has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs. But, I could be wrong, so do your homework, then have fun!
Mark & Joyce Noeltner
2005 Fleetwood Fiesta 26Y
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
small pickups run in excess of 4000lbs (my old ranger is just under) so we got a hyundai elantra about 2800 lbs and it tows great with room for 4, manual transmission. weight towed does add to mileage and fuel use and you will not be able to race around in traffic as you will be slower in the long run.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What is your RVโ€™s unit towing capacity?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Someone on the forum can answer your questions, if you have any.
Is the unit you're looking at a GMC Canyon? They are similar to the Colorado.

Many vehicles have Dinghy Towing information in the owners manual. That is a good place to start if you don't want to ask on the forum.
Enjoy your travels.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
FMCA and Motorhome Magazine publish yearly towing guides. Remco can provide additional information.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob