Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Power Gear Leveling Jacks Leaking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Power Gear Leveling Jacks Leaking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

T18skyguy wrote:

FWIW, I use 4x6 blocks, 2x4's, and 1 by stock to build a platform up as close to the jack as possible before I deploy them. I figure(maybe wrong) that it keeps wear on the motor and seals to a minimum. Sometimes my jacks only deploy an inch or two. I figure it can't hurt at least.

jacks run at about 3000 PSI. making extension blocks changes nothing on the Hydraulics. What it does do, is give you more lift. Doug

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/19 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

T18skyguy wrote:

FWIW, I use 4x6 blocks, 2x4's, and 1 by stock to build a platform up as close to the jack as possible before I deploy them. I figure(maybe wrong) that it keeps wear on the motor and seals to a minimum. Sometimes my jacks only deploy an inch or two. I figure it can't hurt at least.

jacks run at about 3000 PSI. making extension blocks changes nothing on the Hydraulics. What it does do, is give you more lift. Doug

Thanks Doug, I've had the jacks lift the wheels off the ground with my Greyhawk. I suppose I'm trying to baby a system that doesn't need babied.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Power Gear Leveling Jacks Leaking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS