cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any 2019 wranglers being towed?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My new 2019 Rubicon wants to be towed, at least I'm itching to take it fishing with me.

Anyone set one up yet?
12 REPLIES 12

TWZMYJP
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:

Your Rubi been throwing any pebbles at the back of your coach. My JK wasn't lifted but the JL is and was wondering about that.

Hmmm, I haven't noticed that happening but I'll have to take a very close look at the back wall of the coach? We've put probably 1,500 miles on the setup and thankfully the majority of those have been on decent paved roads, but there are probably a good 150+ miles or so of gravel forest service roads... I have been considering one of those full-width flaps for the back of the motorhome to keep stuff off the Jeep, never actually considered the reverse issue from the front tires on the Jeep throwing stuff forward...
'18 Jayco Alante 31R

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
TWZMYJP wrote:
klutchdust wrote:

I crew on top fuel funny cars, setting up a tow package is something to do before lunch.

This statement cracked me up, so I figured I'd share what I did for my 2018 JLU-R... Sorry it's not the 2019 as you specifically asked, but as a race car builder I'm satisfied you can cipher any minor differences :B

I'm a farmer. Fabricating brackets and tow bar mounts is something to do before the first pot of coffee is empty ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nice work. My comment was made in reference to the "read the owners manual" poster.I was looking for some photos and yours came through.
So, a farmer, I'm a reader of Farm show, will be looking for your work.

Your Rubi been throwing any pebbles at the back of your coach. My JK wasn't lifted but the JL is and was wondering about that.

TWZMYJP
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:

I crew on top fuel funny cars, setting up a tow package is something to do before lunch.

This statement cracked me up, so I figured I'd share what I did for my 2018 JLU-R... Sorry it's not the 2019 as you specifically asked, but as a race car builder I'm satisfied you can cipher any minor differences :B

I'm a farmer. Fabricating brackets and towbar mounts is something to do before the first pot of coffee is empty ๐Ÿ˜‰
'18 Jayco Alante 31R

Grizz1
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Great color Grizz1.

Thanks Lwiddis! Matches the MH. ๐Ÿ™‚

edit-4.jpg by Craig Schriever, on Flickr

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Songbirds wrote:
Okay, As I read the first post you made about being towed. Not adding as a tow vehicle or broken down on the side of the road. Most vehicles came with an operators manual showing step by step how to set up for towing.

when I first saw my Jeep Commander I added all I would need for the woods. The first trip was the HIGHWAY ISSUE. Stuff happens no problem right simple fix, as for being in the shop for two half weeks was the line that broke apart was in two parts and they ordered one part, then the other part.

Next issue towing behind the MH created a transmission issue and was in the shop MANY times at my cost. Even the parts salesman was wondering why It was not covered. A long time ago but had to do with being towed behind an MH. As for my JEEP, I never made it over 15,000-Miles before I sold it.

So I guess I'm just venting as I was so looking forward to a 4-wheel mountain trails drive for 5-years prior and it just never happened. So if you had a Toyota I may not have said a word. But hey do what you will and I hope you have better luck enjoy your JEEP.

Well your first mistake was buying a commander. They make me cringe when I see them much less calling that thing a Jeep. Secondly, I owned a wrangler for 10 years and towed it behind my motor home. After 140k trouble free miles I sold it and purchased a 19 rubicon.i ordered it exactly as I wanted it.i will set it up for towing , just curious if anyone else has yet.

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, As I read the first post you made about being towed. Not adding as a tow vehicle or broken down on the side of the road. Most vehicles came with an operators manual showing step by step how to set up for towing.

when I first saw my Jeep Commander I added all I would need for the woods. The first trip was the HIGHWAY ISSUE. Stuff happens no problem right simple fix, as for being in the shop for two half weeks was the line that broke apart was in two parts and they ordered one part, then the other part.

Next issue towing behind the MH created a transmission issue and was in the shop MANY times at my cost. Even the parts salesman was wondering why It was not covered. A long time ago but had to do with being towed behind an MH. As for my JEEP, I never made it over 15,000-Miles before I sold it.

So I guess I'm just venting as I was so looking forward to a 4-wheel mountain trails drive for 5-years prior and it just never happened. So if you had a Toyota I may not have said a word. But hey do what you will and I hope you have better luck enjoy your JEEP.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Songbirds wrote:
JEEPS I do not care much for JEEPS. Had a Jeep Commander full Trail rated and told nothing will slow you down. Thinking deep wilderness drives, while driving on a 6-lane HIGHWAY an 18" by 18" pillow blow onto and under my NEW JEEP COMMANDER and stopped me dead and lucky I made it to the side of the road with cars and trucks flying past at 80-Plus MPH. Ripped out the rear cable and was in the shop for 2-1/2 weeks. Now as you're laughing at me, ask yourself, how many Jeep commanders do you see on the road today? As for tow all vehicle come with an operators Manaual, but then again its a JEEP.

Canโ€™t figure out what point you are trying to make.

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
JEEPS I do not care much for JEEPS. Had a Jeep Commander full Trail rated and told nothing will slow you down. Thinking deep wilderness drives, while driving on a 6-lane HIGHWAY an 18" by 18" pillow blow onto and under my NEW JEEP COMMANDER and stopped me dead and lucky I made it to the side of the road with cars and trucks flying past at 80-Plus MPH. Ripped out the rear cable and was in the shop for 2-1/2 weeks. Now as you're laughing at me, ask yourself, how many Jeep commanders do you see on the road today? As for tow all vehicle come with an Operator's Manual, but then again its a JEEP. One last point putting on new equipment could void new vehicle warranties. They did not cover my transmission, but hey looks cool in the shop as well as out. :C
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Great color Grizz1.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grizz1
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Cool Tech wiring harness, very easy install and comes complete with everything you need. I went with the deluxe kit that adds the 8' 7 pin to 6 pin pigtail, 6 pin connector and battery charger. Cool Tech

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice. I ordered the steel bumpers so I need to purchase a baseplate. My 08 towed from my bumper like yours.
Lights? Whatโ€™s your set up.

Grizz1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Sport S that I set up to tow. Went with the Ready Brake Elite tow bar and Ready stop brake away. Rockhard Patriot Bumper

edit-10.jpg by Craig Schriever, on Flickr