cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TST 507 tire monitor system

Kennedycamper
Explorer
Explorer
For those who own this system, what is the sensor life you are getting? How long do the batteries last? And are you happy with the system? I have the 510 system now, but want to be able to change my own batteries. Thanks in advance for the answers.
8 REPLIES 8

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
The sensors always transmit if they detect pressure, monitor or no monitor.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my 507 series since early 2012 and have replaced the batteries twice in 7 years. I leave my sensors on 24/7. It's my understanding that there is no power draw unless the sensors are transmitting to a powered up receiver. I could be wrong about that but that's what I remember hearing.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Kennedycamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the answers. I am about to upgrade from the 510 system. I am OK with the performance, but not the battery life of the sensors. The 510's are not user replaceable.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
My 507 system is almost 9 years old. I am hoping the original monitor will die so I can justify one of the new color ones. Oh well, such is life. I only replace my batteries when they die and they last a couple of years even when not removing them when not traveling. OK, I'm lazy. I have had 2 sensors fail over 9 years of full time use.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
2-3 years also. So I replace all of them at the same time, every 2 seasons.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I switched from a 510 to a 507 color monitor in January. Too early to tell about the batteries, but I can tell you that I really like the visibility of the new monitor. I'd have to angle the old one up to get light reflecting off it so I could see the numbers. Not any more.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I leave mine on all the time and they last for about two years.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I usually get 2-3 years out of a battery, but I do take them off when the trailer is in storage. If you leave them on 24-7 the battery life will be shorter. But batteries are cheap: about $.80 each if you buy them online.

The system works well with one caveat: the time it takes for the monitor to notify you that it has lost contact with a sensor can take up to an hour. That's a real con IMO. I think the new systems come with a repeater, which should make most contact issues not a problem.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"