cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route suggestions Branson to Russellville, AR

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going from Musicland RV in Branson to Russellville AR in July. Google maps says best route is State Hwy 7. However this looks very curvy. Is this a good route? Or what other would be more suitable? We are in a 33' Coachmen Concord (class C) towing.
Thanks,
Janet
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow
6 REPLIES 6

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Arkansas sure has a bunch of funny named towns in the Ozarks... Toad Suck and Oil Trough are a couple...

The origin of "Toad Suck" is not certain, but it is likely a corruption of some French name. "Ozark" comes from "Aux Arc," referring to a large loop made by the Arkansas River. Oil Trough may have gotten its name from a bear-fat rendering operation in the early 19th century.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arkansas sure has a bunch of funny named towns in the Ozarks... Toad Suck and Oil Trough are a couple...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Take HWY 7 sit back and enjoy the Ozarks. Yes its not a straight road but the other route suggest by Google is not much better. The worst part of the trip is getting through Harrison AR. If I remember correctly stay out of the right hand lane as its very tight and the curb right there.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
US 65 from Branson down to I-40 at Conway, then back up to Russellville would likely be less stressful. And although a little longer in miles, probably not much more in time.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Or you can jump over to the 65. That's a better road but out of your way.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Arkansas 7 is indeed pretty curvy. It is also one of the most scenic roads in America in my opinion. I've run it a couple of times, including with a 38' pusher and toad. Not a problem, though not a speedy drive.