Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Who is ready for College baseball regionals and CWS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Who is ready for College baseball regionals and CWS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fast and furious playoffs start this week for the CWS. Just glancing at the brackets I thought the Selection Committee did a good job lining up good matches in the sixteen regionals, and should make some great baseball for the Supers.
I hope I make it to Fayetteville, AR this weekend for the Regionals there. It all depends if my friend scored tickets for us. If not, watching on TV is almost as good. The last year or two, sitting out in the hot sun all day is just not as much fun as it used to be.....

* This post was edited 05/28/19 10:42am by an administrator/moderator *

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, looking forward to watching the players... We are connected to CCBL on Cape Cod (Summer league) we almost always have players that come to us after CWS each year....

Anyone watch Old Miss vs Vanderbilt (V won, 11-10) but the announcers were awful, watching some other game, the way they announced, or mis-announced. Read statistics mindlessly about other issues it appeared, maybe off the PC board -- missed numerous plays, and made adjunct calls after the fact - often mistakes, and kept right on talking. Great game, horrible game-call.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monkey, I agree the announcers that ESPN used were terrible. The MU v. Vanderbilt Sunday was a great game, had to mute it several times while watching. Sometimes, depending on which ESPN is broadcasting, I listen to the radio while watching. The radio is a few seconds behind the TV, but announcers are better.

monkey44

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I truly believe a sport broadcast will LOSE audience if the announcers are bad or mis-call a game. FANS are FANS, we KNOW the game, and when announcers claim expertise and then blow a call again and again, it detracts from the "watch"... I somtimes mute the sound, but wife knows less about baseball, so wants to hear it.

I explain the miscues, and she's getting more into it, and we both get a laugh. Announcers are beginning to take after to two everyday weathermen, Mr. Guess and Mr Hope ... at least the weathermen sometimes admit a goof the next day, ESPN ignores it ...

MLH playoffs (Bruins vs Blue) has the best announcer I've even heard in hockey - don't know his name, will check it Wed. Excellent command of the players and the game. HE must have ten eyes to watch that puck. [emoticon]

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, we scored tickets for the Regionals this weekend in Fayetteville, AR. Leaving Friday morning, first game is at 1:00PM. Weather is "supposed" to be nice for the entire series. Looking forward to a great weekend of College baseball. WOOOOOOO PIG SOOOIE!!!!

monkey44

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy the game RED, Listen to PXP on radio if you can, always more interesting, and more on point. Have fun no matter ........ am watching Bruins / Blues as we speak,,,, but CWS in in our future as CCBL when CWS when it ends .... HHAHAHAHAHA we get the players..... [emoticon] At least some players !!!!!!!!!

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, we survived the weekend! We had great seats, fans from every team were friendly, weather was no problem and some great baseball was played on the field. Now Arkansas has to play Ole Miss this weekend in a best two out of three to move on to Omaha. Ole Miss has had Arkansas number this year, hope we can pull it off. There were a lot of good games this weekend, I still can't believe UCLA is out of the playoffs, and the SEC has a chance to have four teams in the field of eight in Omaha.

Kit Carson

Bossier City, La.

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LSU plays Fla St this weekend at Baton Rouge. Sure hope we make it to Omaha.

KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geaux Tigers.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Tigers did not last long in the super regional. Lost the lead late in the first game. Second game they fought back but lost in extra innings.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Who is ready for College baseball regionals and CWS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS