cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directv software updates in RV

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I have a directv receiver in my coach and I’m wondering if it’s possible to update the software. The receivers in my home download automatically because there is a direct internet connection. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all very much!

mromberg
Explorer
Explorer
There is a difference between refreshing your receiver and updating the software/firmware. Ir your receiver hasn't been hooked up in awhile a refresh is needed and calling the Directv number and following the prompts will achieve this. You can update the software/firmware by, I believe, hitting a sequence of buttons on the remote during boot up (google it). This will force a software download and no you don't have to be connected to the internet. Did this a million times tailgating.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
All DTV updates come via satellite. No phone line or internet connection required. My receivers have not been connected to the internet for years.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Direct TV in our RV for years. If it has been a while since its use, DH simply calls Direct TV (800.531.5000) and goes through the prerecorded info catalog. At the end he states "needs to be refreshed". You are identified via your phone number by their system. It takes less than a minute for it to be automatically refreshed. Has worked every time! Easy Peezy!
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know how DirecTV works it, but our Dish Network receiver (Wally in the rig) downloads software updates from the satellites. It just performed an update this last week that way.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015