Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: FCA Proposes a Merger with Renault
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > FCA Proposes a Merger with Renault

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/28/19 08:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Lessmore wrote:



Maybe Kia/Hyundai would be more of a fit with FCA.



Why would they want to associate themselves with FCA? Kia/Hyundai produces vehicles that are much higher quality than anything FCA has ever produced, or will ever produce. Too bad they don't make trucks.

Kia's JD Power quality numbers are some of the best in the industry.

FCA are some of the worst.

Engine fire issues will show up in quality numbers, but they seem to really be on top of fixing issues.

BillyBob Jim

US

Senior Member

Joined: 04/24/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/29/19 04:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Lessmore wrote:



Maybe Kia/Hyundai would be more of a fit with FCA.



Why would they want to associate themselves with FCA? Kia/Hyundai produces vehicles that are much higher quality than anything FCA has ever produced, or will ever produce. Too bad they don't make trucks.



Except for their 4 cyl engines catching fire.


Yes, except for that and the fact they dont have to check drag links and weld them lol. Forget about the 17 Ram recalls?
[image]

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/29/19 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's not forget these.

[image]
[image]


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

Senior Member

Joined: 04/22/2005

View Profile



Posted: 05/29/19 08:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Let's not forget these.


[image]


That's an International Harvester 6.4L engine but thanks for digging up 10YO ancient history.


2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman


soren

Lancaster County PA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/12/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/29/19 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelnutz wrote:

Perfect fit! A loser and a loser unite to make both be bigger losers. Then they will both disappear and life will still go on and for the better.


Total sales of 8.7 MILLION vehicles last year, would be the third largest vehicle manufacturer on earth the day they complete the deal. I guess we all have different definitions of "loser". The finance press is stating that Nissan is pretty well aware that they have to swallow their pride, and jump on the Renault/FCA coattails, or risk being too small to survive.

TurnThePage

North ID

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/29/19 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The glee some people find in degrading others... [emoticon]

I also kind of thought FCA and Hyundai/Kia would be mutually complementary. The entire automotive industry is pretty darned interesting these days.


2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/29/19 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

The glee some people find in degrading others... [emoticon]

I also kind of thought FCA and Hyundai/Kia would be mutually complementary. The entire automotive industry is pretty darned interesting these days.

Been in the industry for a few decades... It's always been interesting [emoticon]

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/16/2002

View Profile



Posted: 05/29/19 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Lessmore wrote:



Maybe Kia/Hyundai would be more of a fit with FCA.



Why would they want to associate themselves with FCA? Kia/Hyundai produces vehicles that are much higher quality than anything FCA has ever produced, or will ever produce. Too bad they don't make trucks.



Except for their 4 cyl engines catching fire.


Yes, except for that and the fact they dont have to check drag links and weld them lol. Forget about the 17 Ram recalls?
[image]


I meant Kia Hyndai four cylinder engines. You haven't seen all the recalls for them seizing and catching fire?

Kia Hyunda Engines Catch Fire


"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/29/19 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shum02 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Let's not forget these.


[image]


That's an International Harvester 6.4L engine but thanks for digging up 10YO ancient history.


Point was everyone has issues. It's all about how well the issues are handled. Recalls related to my 15 were no sweat off my nose, or my 11.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/16/2002

View Profile



Posted: 05/29/19 10:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

soren wrote:

travelnutz wrote:

Perfect fit! A loser and a loser unite to make both be bigger losers. Then they will both disappear and life will still go on and for the better.


Total sales of 8.7 MILLION vehicles last year, would be the third largest vehicle manufacturer on earth the day they complete the deal. I guess we all have different definitions of "loser". The finance press is stating that Nissan is pretty well aware that they have to swallow their pride, and jump on the Renault/FCA coattails, or risk being too small to survive.


Renault/FCA/Nissan /Mitsubishi would be the largest company by far with nearly 16 million in 2017 sales compared to Toyota's 10.5 million. Would it work though? Nissan is the largest single partner and the relationship with Renault has been soured somewhat by the Ghosn scandal and French government involvement. On the other hand, their integration has been quite successful on a business level and splitting would cause major problems for both.

* This post was edited 05/29/19 11:12am by wilber1 *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > FCA Proposes a Merger with Renault
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS