cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco 235rks comments, opinions

Kathy_Day
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are considering this Travel Trailer by Jayco. https://www.mckaysrv.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=6726417&p=2&at=motorhome%7Ctrailer&s=Year&d=D&fr=xNewInventory

It is a new model this year for Jayco. It looks perfect for older couples like us who will not be having kids or grandkids along. I am a little concerned about some of the reviews I have seen about Jayco. Does anybody have any advice for us before we make our decision?
6 REPLIES 6

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
One big thing in favor of Jayco is that they use BAL frames and not the usual Lippert frames on 99% of TTs built. Lippert frames aren't known for the best of quality & design and some of them can have significant issues either from new or after several years of many miles of towing.

Jayco has had a decent reputation for some time plus they have a 2 year warranty. They were bought out by Thor Industries and don't know if quality has suffered. TT manufacturers all share the same components - fridges, AC units, doors, toilets, etc., etc. and same luan plywood, vinyl flooring, etc. It's a case of how well all this stuff is put together and how well the manufacturer warranties their units and honors the warranties. I'd also carefully consider dealer "quality" as some are terrible at repairs.

We have a rear kitchen with fridge in the slide and love the arrangement. Way more counter space than most other RVs. What I don't like in that Jayco layout is lack closet for jackets and bulky items and the otherwise small cabinets. With no window in the slide, may seem a bit dark inside. Not sure about the theater seating layout with the removable table like that...

For a TT like that Jayco that is 28' long with 7K lb GVWR, there's a lot of choices out there.

Choose wisely, choose once. 🙂

Kathy_Day
Explorer
Explorer
One of my favorite features of this little camper was the huge shower. Does anyone have suggestions for a comparable travel trailer with a huge shower?

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
For the most part, I like the floor plan. I like the two entrance doors and it looks like everything is accessible with the slide in. The TV and fireplace seems to be quite a waste of space, I would rather have a TV on a swivel and a portable heater and use that space for a cabinet. I also don't like a fridge in a slide because a fan is used for air flow and that wastes some battery power when dry camping. My guess on quality is that it is a good as any in that price range.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Every RV will have some problems. If you are not handy with repairs, you will need to be handy with your check book.

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to look at a Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S. Made by Forest River
More fresh water capacity and a little smaller at 22 ft.

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
As far as Jayco quality goes in general they are as good as any and better than some. I've never owned a Jayco but I know plenty who have and most have been happy but not all. If it makes you feel any better look up reviews on just about any other TT and you'll see the same comments. It's common. If the layout and price works for you I say go for it. Happy Camping!
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet