cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keyless locks

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure that everyone has seen the advertising of the Keyless Entry Locks. I was wondering who has them, was it hard to install, any problems with them and why there is such a range of prices on them ($119 to $259)?
30 REPLIES 30

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aliexpress pretty much represents a whole bunch of different companies, some are probably more honest and above board that others. Not my first go-to place but my experiences have been positive so far.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
aliexpress honest? Really? You know they used to sell (and may still) counterfeit us coins....

jetjocka7
Explorer
Explorer
We have had a keyless entry lock on our house for 2 years. my wife suggested that I look into getting one for the Cougar half-ton 30RLS. After 3 days of research, I stumbled onto a ebay seller in Calif (5 days to the door) that had 4 for sale for $65 that look exactly like the one that rvlocks sells for over $200. (they all sold in 2 days; lucky find).
Congrats to the entrepreneurs for importing and reselling with all the attention it takes to successfully pull that off (not a hassle I want undertake in my senior years) but I have learned how to cut out these middle men. leveling systems that works with my iPhone; tire pressure monitoring system with a repeaters and keyless entry locks; just a few of the convenience items that can be purchased for about 25-30% what these business men have to charge.
There's always a catch: โ€ฆ you have to find honest sellers on ebay or overseas like aliexpress, tmart and many more. I got burned a few times learning my way around these overseas companies, but I have saved $$$ over the years with the "toys" I have bought to make our RV experience more enjoyable.
There are drawbacks: zero customer service (most are drop-shippers and know little to nothing about the products they sell) and poor assembly/use printed instructions so you have to use youtube to learn what is NOT in the Chinese instructions; harder to get your money back IF you happen to get a defective item but still doable with patience;
The $65 lock was a rare find but many are selling for about $90 which still is less than half what is being offered by the resellers. More and more items that are made in china anyway, are being made available by entrepreneurs in china direct to US customers. Just have to WAIT 15-20 days to receive.
We really enjoy our keyless entry locks โ€ฆ makes keeping up with or fumbling with a key a thing of the past. SO no matter what comfort level you chose to complete your purchase; we HIGHLY recommend this convenience item.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dtank. I was beginning to think it was going over everyone's' heads.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen the adds and then looked at them, too pricey for me and will stick with my key.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Mine works fine with the screen door.

Mike

I am so very happy for you. But not all eLocks work that well with all screen doors.

You are truly one of the lucky people in this world.

There ya go - buy those Lottery tickets!!..:W

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
sayoung wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
The RVLock we installed fit with the screen door too.
ours did too ! We are some lucky people aren't we

Maybe an adjustment?

Mine works beautifully too

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
ours did too ! We are some lucky people aren't we

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

CFerguson wrote:
Walaby wrote:

Mike

I am so very happy for you. But not all eLocks work that well with all screen doors. You are truly one of the lucky people in this world.

my RV lock fit my 20019 KZ fifth wheel with the the screen door.. My Bauer RV locks fit BOTH my 2016 Redwood fifth wheel, and my 2020 Redwood fifth wheel, BOTH with the screen door
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:

Mike

I am so very happy for you. But not all eLocks work that well with all screen doors. You are truly one of the lucky people in this world.

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Had this lock in our fifth wheel for over two years now and had no problems at all. This was an easy install. I installed our lock for convenience and to have a different locking system from other RV's
G.H.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
When I looked at these several years ago, none of the better ones would fit with my screen door/door slide. I would have needed to replace the clear plastic on the door and after some searching a while for something that would work and striking out, I quit on the entire project.

So making sure your screen door is compatible (or be willing to replace some or all of it) is important.