cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hawkins Motor Coach

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get some feedback on a 1995 Hawkins Motor Coach. I’m guessing it was a high end rv but I’m concerned about the cost and available of parts. Do the large truck and rv repIr repair these.
9 REPLIES 9

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
kenwautoone wrote:
When I first moved to lv ,we had a used 91 on Findlay rv lot.Po told me that he ordered at factory on Sahara and Boulder Hey.i went over there ,was now a used car lot. Asked about it and they showed me a bunch of pieces that was left behind.

Years ago we had a customer that when the salesman was showing him new motorhomes, he showed him a new Itasca. The Customer stated they were junk as he had been to the Itasca factory in ITASCA, TEXAS. For those that don't know, Itasca is a Winnebago product built in the same town in Iowa that Winnes are made. I am pretty sure they were built in Ontario as ALL the Literature states that from that era. Doug

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate post
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a 1991 HMC, diesel. It was built on a Gullig chassis (no problem being worked on or parts) and it had a CAT 3208 (no problem there either).

The appliances might be tough to get parts for but you would probably be better off upgrading them anyway.

Front and rear caps are Hawkins specific but a good body shop should be able to repair any damage that may occur.

Have fun and look into joining the HMC club. Lots of information there.

Paul
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

kenwautoone
Explorer
Explorer
When I first moved to lv ,we had a used 91 on Findlay rv lot.Po told me that he ordered at factory on Sahara and Boulder Hey.i went over there ,was now a used car lot. Asked about it and they showed me a bunch of pieces that was left behind.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
kenwautoone wrote:
Great motorhome ,built right here in Las Vegas NV.Anytime you buy older rv ,you need to be very resource ful.All major appliances can be fixed.Specific piece s for a Hawkins rv are going to be difficult to locate.You better be s better than average mechanic.....But they are really well built...ken

They were built in Ontario, California. What makes you think Las Vegas? Doug

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of info here

Click

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having a '96 coach which I've owned for 16+ years, house wise and interior wise you should have no issues. As I recall the Hawkins was a gas motorhome and generally I'd say chassis components would be available BUT having a 1996 Dodge truck and founding a "Spindle" for it a few years back...what a pain! A junk yard only product and fortunately, I located one.

With my Vogue Diesel, parts and drive train have not been an issue.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Half an hour is a long time.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kenwautoone
Explorer
Explorer
Great motorhome ,built right here in Las Vegas NV.Anytime you buy older rv ,you need to be very resource ful.All major appliances can be fixed.Specific piece s for a Hawkins rv are going to be difficult to locate.You better be s better than average mechanic.....But they are really well built...ken