Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: I am TRYING to buy and RV from you all. Not easy!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> I am TRYING to buy and RV from you all. Not easy!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the story:

1) We would like to buy an Airstream from your store in VA.
2) I was in contact via email and text with a sales person.
3) We were driving by and decided to stop in to look at two different models. I texted our Sales contact. She was off that day and said she would set it up. Great. Very efficient.
4) We arrive at the store to view these very upscale trailers (an Airstream) and they had a brand new sales rep (a few weeks on the job and just completed his online training) take us out to view the two models. He was fine but still learning about AIRstream. I am sure as he gains experience he will be an excellent sales rep.
5) Now here is where the wheels fall off and we fall into what appears to be "commissioned sales wars".Yesterday and today our emails and texts to our original sales rep go unanswered. Including my email giving them the price quote I have from a competing dealer and referencing your email saying you will beat any price by at least $500. Again No reply. Then I realize I have probably fell into the "Commissioned Sales Black Hole". Since I dared to chat with a new sales person (when ours was not there), I now have to deal with the fine gent who has 3 weeks experience selling RVs. ...and we are trying to buy an RV from you all that has an MSRP of greater than $90K! Not going to do that from a trainee.
6) Finally, after texting and asking who I should deal with, I get an answer from our original sales rep and am told I need to deal with the new salesman/trainee to buy our $90K+ rv. Nice guy but only there a few weeks on the job. .
5) My latest text, asking our former sales person to forward our emails to the sales manager and explaining to her I was going to "send a note to Marcus" have gone unanswered.

We are trying to buy an RV that MSRPs for over $90K from you all and we have fallen into the "commissioned sales" black hole. I suspect we are not alone in having this happen and ours is not the only RV Sale Camping World has lost due to "commissioned sales wars". The people we have dealt with seem like fine people. I am not complaining about them. However, Camping World has a process problem.

Any help you can give us would be appreciated.

Thanks for being so accessible.

As you all are the closest dealer to us, we would like to purchase from you all if possible. Before sharing this nutty customer treatment in the online forums, I thought it professional to give you a chance to investigate. I will be sending a copy of this to our now former sales rep. Asking that she forward to the manager.

2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What exactly do you not trust the new sales person to handle?

You've already made your decision on the model you want - so his lack of knowledge there is no longer a problem.

If you're afraid he will mess up the DMV paperwork or such, then maybe just ask if the original sales person can review it first.

This is his job and while he's new, he can't be expected to gain experience if customers all refuse to work with him because THEIR purchase is too important for "the new guy".

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I look forward to the day when Rv/auto/truck sales are one price, and that's the price. Isn't anyone getting tired of this sillyness?

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are having this much trouble with the dealership BEFORE you give them your money.
How do you think they will be to deal with AFTER the sale?

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

I look forward to the day when Rv/auto/truck sales are one price, and that's the price. Isn't anyone getting tired of this sillyness?

Two things. Carmax is already that way. No negotiations. Second just pay the MSRP. No negotiation needed.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cruz-in, Thank you for contacting Good Sam. Can you please provide the city of the dealership you have having issues with in a private message? I would be happy to share your concerns with the leadership team.

Thank you,
Melissa
Good Sam Customer Care

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So why not stop with the emails to the sales people and call the sales manager directly or go see him in person and request a more seasoned sales person.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nothing wrong with a new sales person most likely they,ll be more honest than a old timer who knows how to rip you off on extra,s without it showing up.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No matter which sales rep you deal with, a final decision on EVERYTHING will be reviewed by the sales manager.
Watch out for add-ons, that will drive the price up quickly, and a lot.
I had a bad experience at CW once, and while I enjoy this website, I will never buy from CW.

lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would call the Sales Mgr.-tell him/her your situation-explain you want to buy the Airstream but don't want to put up with B.S. with salespeople. You will consider buying from him (S.M.) or who he designates and you expect because of the B.S. you have had to endure you will get a great deal or will go to their competitor. If they ask what you consider a great deal-suggest 30% off sticker price-see if that gets their attention. And, do not be afraid to get up and walk out if you don't like the deal.

04 F250,CC, 4x4, Dsl., LgBd, XLT, SuperDuty, Cmpr Pkg, Off Rd Pkg

07 Arctic Fox 29 5T
Toad Riv B.C.
17 Chev/CLS C F.R. Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> I am TRYING to buy and RV from you all. Not easy!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS