cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Extended Warranty

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 05 Monaco Cayman 36PDQ and going across western AZ and my radiator developed a leak. Right now am at a repair shop in Quartzsite (been here a week and the build time is another week) when Source Eng. builds me a new radiator. The shop had talked to the warranty company servicing agent Strategic Administrators and said this was covered. Now they called back denying the claim. Said it must have been caused by a stuck thermostat and claim denied. I have a call into WW claims help desk. Is this normal for radiator claims to all be denied? There is nothing I could have done to prevent this and just had all serviced two weeks ago at Cummins in Tucson, AZ
Are all warranties a rip-off? My radiator springs a leak and somehow it is my fault.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com
19 REPLIES 19

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the warranty. There are usually specific parts covered under specific conditions.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Great to hear WW is working with you. I was worried by the original post and then saw FMCA partnering with them as one of benefits of membership the same day as the original post. FMCA usually doesn't make a bad call when they showcase companies. From your experience, it sounds like they made the right call.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Smitty77 wrote:
OP - I wish you luck, and hope your policy is as mentioned, where it specifically spells out what is 'not included', and thus all other items should be covered. Agree that WW will be your friend in determining if it's an appropriate item the Insurance/Warranty company should be covering.

I'd suggest out of fairness to WW, that you send a request to a Moderator to change the title to state Problem With Extended Warranty - not WW:)!

And not to add to your pain, but maximize the labor costs involved in the removal, and have other items tested on your dime, replace and or refurbish as needed....

Best,
Smitty

Thanks for the suggestion I changed the Topic title as WW did come through for us. I'm very happy with them.

The radiator is coming from Source Eng. Eugene, OR and also on my dime an upgraded fan from them. Jim out there is great to work with and also did my trailing arms and ride enhancement kit.

Hitchitch.com

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
An update
The warranty issuing company has stood up for us and has now approved the claim and the new radiator is being built.
The warranty company Wholesale Warranties is now bypassing the claims administrator company and handling it all with the repair shop.
We have been stuck here for almost two weeks just getting up to this point.
I recommend WW they were very helpful in getting this resolved.

Hitchitch.com

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
OP - I wish you luck, and hope your policy is as mentioned, where it specifically spells out what is 'not included', and thus all other items should be covered. Agree that WW will be your friend in determining if it's an appropriate item the Insurance/Warranty company should be covering.

I'd suggest out of fairness to WW, that you send a request to a Moderator to change the title to state Problem With Extended Warranty - not WW:)!

And not to add to your pain, but maximize the labor costs involved in the removal, and have other items tested on your dime, replace and or refurbish as needed....

Best,
Smitty

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
Totally concur with Executive. Have had an exclusionary policy with WW for 2 years now and they have been great. The first claim I had the insurance company denied to pay for diagnostics. I called WW and they went to bat for me and got them to pay. Later talked to the insurance rep and he told me they had just started doing business with WW and I was the only policy owner they had that they covered diagnostics. So in this case it was the insurance company that did not read the small print. WW has been great for me, I highly recommend.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like the OP has WW working for him. I believe he will be successful in having his claim approved. Hopefully, he will post his final results. As the OP has clarified, the issue is NOT with WW, it's with the service facility telling the inspector the wrong information. I hope the OP is back on the road soon....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
to me the BBB logo doesn't mean much these days...not after the revelation that they were selling good ratings.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
I got an email through FMCA about their affiliation with them. If you're a member of any of these RV groups, contact them and see if they will intervene on your behalf:

Wholesale Warranties wrote:
Wholesale Warranties has been happy to partner with major organizations and influencers. We are proud affiliates of the FMCA, full-time gurus RV-Dreams, RVer Insurance Exchange, RVReviews.net and more! Learn more about our RV partners here, and check out our exclusive endorsement from the Escapees RV Club on their website!

The also display the Better Business logo on their website - get some help!
https://wholesalewarranties.com/
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
The problem isn't with Wholesale Warranties but the repair facility telling the claim insurance broker that the cause was a stuck thermostat when they had not even tested it.
I appealed to the WW claim service help.
Warranty company sent out an independent inspector and he tested the thermostat and found it to be good. And he said even if it was bad it would not cause the radiator to fail.
So waiting for the warranty company to get his report and get back to me. WW has been very responsive and helpful with this.

Hitchitch.com

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
It is not a warranty but a service contract - request for a list of parts or events that are not covered.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
even if the thermostat did fail, all it will do is over heat, and the rad cap should release any excess pressure before it blows the rad/ heater core, or hoses... have had many with stuck thermostats over the years, and never blown a rad due to it...

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You will probably find that the thermostat IS NOT covered by your extended warranty. In the fine print it will say that if a "non-covered" part fails, and causes damage to covered parts, the claim will be denied. As another example, an oil filter is not covered and if one fails and causes your engine to seize, they will deny the claim.
What you need to do is have the repair shop TEST the thermostat and verify that it is in working condition and did not contribute to the radiator leak.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your issue is not with WW as they are only brokers. Your issue is with the company that issued the contract. You will, I believe, find WW on your side to assist you with this problem. I had two contracts with them and any claim I had was handled professionally. I did have Jeff assist me with one claim but it turned out to simply being a matter of the 'inspector' not reading the contract correctly. That said, look carefully at your contract. Is it a exclusionary contract? That's one that specifies what's NOT covered. Everything else is. If it is NOT an exclusionary contract you'll find wording similar to "If a covered part fails, due to the fault of an uncovered part, the covered part is not covered". Yeah! that's lawyereze for "you're screwed". This sounds like your situation. Many ppl purchase these contracts based on price alone and rarely read the entire thing. WW provided me with a blank copy of the contract so I could read it thoroughly prior to purchase. As with any contract, it is buyer beware. I know this is like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped but it's important to know for any future claims. Adding the exclusionary clause ran me an additional $75 when I purchased it, and WW may be able to assist you in adding it to your existing policy if it's not there. Be sure to follow ALL the terms of the contract PRIOR to having repairs done or they'll walk. WW will be your friend, the warranty company will not. Best of luck..Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG