cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rand McNally RVND 5525 LM Screen Recalibration

Dernhelm
Explorer
Explorer
(I did search the forum for this topic, I promise)

So my screen BADLY needs recalibrating - so badly that I can't get "Accept" the agreement to work. When I tap on "Accept" it moves the Up arrow on the right of the screen! This is NOT useful.

Obviously, I can't get into settings by tapping on the screen. Anywhere.

Just pressing Reset merely restarts the GPS, which goes back to the Accept screen. Removing and replacing the batteries didn't work either (hey, I'm an old S/A, what do you expect?).

I know some models could be reset and go straight to the Recalibrate screen, but I can't find any info on how to do it with the 5525 - which has no Home button.

Any ideas? I sent a message to Rand McNally Tech Support, but no response yet, and I'm leaving town on Tuesday....
Dogmom, Railfan, Dancer
Co-Pilots: Nimrodel & Beren
DOTLs: Spcs. Bortan, Dernhelm & Erkenbrand, Rainbow Div. 11/11, 2/09, 1/14
Jayco 17Z, GMC Yukon, GMC Canyon
There's a whole pack waiting for me at the Bridge - I'll have to take a lot of tennis balls!
5 REPLIES 5

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Dernhelm wrote:
Holding the lower left corner of the screen while starting did .... something. Suddenly Accept took a click and I was able to get to the recalibration screen. Whew! So thanks MDKMDK, you helped!

From one ex-I/T guy to another, you're welcome.
Can't remember why I had to use that reboot/screen press thing, maybe I needed to do a factory reset on my old Garmin or something. On my Garmins, it also allows access to all sorts of techie info menus hidden inside the firmware/software guts.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Dernhelm
Explorer
Explorer
Holding the lower left corner of the screen while starting did .... something. Suddenly Accept took a click and I was able to get to the recalibration screen. Whew! So thanks MDKMDK, you helped!
Dogmom, Railfan, Dancer
Co-Pilots: Nimrodel & Beren
DOTLs: Spcs. Bortan, Dernhelm & Erkenbrand, Rainbow Div. 11/11, 2/09, 1/14
Jayco 17Z, GMC Yukon, GMC Canyon
There's a whole pack waiting for me at the Bridge - I'll have to take a lot of tennis balls!

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
shastagary wrote:
see page 4 and page 9 - main menu preferences - general preferences - options - align screen allows you to Calibrate the touch screen.
RVNDโ„ข 5525/7725 LM. User Manual

"Obviously, I can't get into settings by tapping on the screen. Anywhere."
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
see page 4 and page 9 - main menu preferences - general preferences - options - align screen allows you to Calibrate the touch screen.
RVNDโ„ข 5525/7725 LM. User Manual

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes long pressing a specific corner of the screen during a power off/on reset/reboot will get you into the maintenance/engineering guts of these wee beasties. It works on some Garmins. No idea about RM stuff, but it seems like a universal method of accessing the inner software/firmware workings. For one of my Garmins. it's the bottom right corner during reboot.