cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wilkins RV Bath Ny service

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short. Took our FW back to dealer to replace the floor of a slide out that had water damage from a faulty trim piece on the bottom corner. After 4 months they tell me it's ready for pick-up. I get there and the bill is 600+ more than last statement I received. I paid the bill as maybe my mind was wrong.
Went out to hook up and check repairs, within 10 seconds of getting slide open I realized the faulty trim piece was reinstalled AND still open to allow water to flooring.
Service advisor offered a rebate to make me happy but I said I needed to investigate more. After diving in to bill and 'repair' I found they changed the number of hours from bill to bill, charged for more plywood than needed and charged to change carpet with new but the old was still in RV. And many other issues of poor workmanship.
When I spoke to manager, he also offered a rebate and to 'fix' the problems. I refused their fix as I believe they are breaking the law by fraudulent charges.
Finally got a call from the owner and he has fully reimbursed our bill, but now I will wait on the check.
Just wanted to make sure others are aware of their performance and billing practice, check your bills if you have been there and Mark parts before you go if you're planning on having them do work for you.
10 REPLIES 10

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
Op back.
Sorry about name, changed it. It is Wilkins RV. There are four locations but I have only dealt with the Bath location. I found yet another part that I was charged for but was not replaced. I agree with those that it is fraud and I do believe it is their SOP and here is why.
Years ago I had my unit detailed there in and out. When I picked it up the interior was never cleaned, oh here's a $50 gift card, dumb me ok. Another time I had created a boo boo in back wall and insurance paid to replace the wall. The tech put the ladder on crooked so I settled for bigger plastic discs under mounts to cover up the holes and they paid my deductible. Who knows how much they overcharged the insurance company.
I know what many are thinking, this guy's an idiot for going back and I agree but here was my thought.
This leak seamed to be caused by a poorly installed factory trim and I thought it would be easier to get Grand Design to help cover some if I went back to my dealer of purchase. However, I was the one that contacted GD and they supposedly did good will 8 hours of labor. I'm trying to confirm that with them.
I will do a review every where I can and I am going to file with the Attorney General office.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
I think OP needs to come back and confirm what dealer he/she is talking about. Willing RV is located in NJ according to their website.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Sounds like they gave you all your money back. Kudos to them! Maybe not the best place for your type of repairs, but seems like an honest business owner!
Kudos? Honest? Anything but. Service advisor offered a rebate, manager offered another rebate, finally the owner refunded all the money because they got caught and called out on it. This is a criminal enterprise at every level, from the owner on down.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Sounds like they gave you all your money back. Kudos to them! Maybe not the best place for your type of repairs, but seems like an honest business owner!

Honest business owners do the work you pay them for upfront. Not over charge you for materials and work not performed and then return your money when they get caught.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
gbopp wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
With that amount of fraudulent charging you might consider contacting NY Attorney General.

Good point. It sounds more like theft than poor workmanship.

And if they are doing it to the regular customers, there is a good chance they are doing it on insurance claims. And if they are, that one will get them in trouble.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
With that amount of fraudulent charging you might consider contacting NY Attorney General.

Good point. It sounds more like theft than poor workmanship.

cgjt
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the correct name of the dealership in Bath,NY is Wilkins RV.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
With that amount of fraudulent charging you might consider contacting NY Attorney General. There is a clicky in the middle of their page to file a complaint.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you post it on RV Service Reviews?