cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pork Chops with Peaches

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
After searching unsuccessfully for an old microwave pressure cooker recipe for pork chops with rice and peaches, I made this one up last night. It's delicious. Serves 2.

24 ounces sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
4 Tablespoons brown sugar or Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (I used the Lakanto)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 Tablespoons butter
2 thin cut, bone-in pork chops
Salt and pepper

Drain the peaches, reserving the syrup. Set both aside.

Mix the sweetener and spices, then sprinkle over the peaches, coating each peach.

Salt and pepper both sides of each pork chop.

On medium high heat, heat a 10" or larger sautรฉ pan or skillet that has a cover. Add butter. When butter has melted and is bubbling, add the pork chops. Brown on both sides, then remove and set aside.

Add spiced peaches (and any liquid that may have leached out of them) to the butter. Sautรฉ about two minutes, stirring frequently. Add the peach syrup, scraping the pan bottom to get up the browned bits of pork chop that may have stuck there.

Cook two or three minutes, stirring often, then lower heat to medium. Place pork chops into the pan, moving the peaches aside so the chops are on the bottom. Cover and cook about five minutes, then uncover to allow the syrup to reduce.

Place a chop on a plate, add basmati rice on the side, and spoon peaches with syrup over rice, and more syrup over the chop.

Serve with a salad.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
5 REPLIES 5

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried this, wife was impressed. We have decided to change it some to make it more camper/campground friendly.
Mix sugar and spices in a baggie at home. While the pork is cooking open the peaches with a church key, pour juice in cup, then cut top off can. Remove meat from pan, dump can and baggie and mix in pan. Finish same as OP.

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice story. I will try your recipe for sure.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a recipe to do this with a pork loin - it's yum! Leftovers make a great stew that has applesauce added.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great story. My wife has a similar one involving GRITS!!!! She discovered that grits are the new organic version of superglue.

I'll have to try this recipe in the DO.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Here's the story behind that missing recipe:

We love our microwave, and we also like pressure cooking, because in our working days, when we got home, we were hungry right then. So, when a company came out with a microwavable pressure cooker, we knew we had to have it.

The first time we used it, we chose a recipe from the accompanying booklet. Pork chops with rice and peaches sounded perfect.

Following the directions, we loaded it with basmati rice, peach slices, water, seasonings, and laid the pork chops on top. Into the microwave it went.

The instructions said cook on high for 30 minutes, so we programmed it and let it cook. At about ten minutes the heavenly smell filled the kitchen, and our saliva glands went into overdrive. At fifteen minutes, KABOOM! and a huge cloud of steam billowed out of the microwave.

We immediately turned off the microwave and peeked cautiously inside. Yep, the pressure cooker relief valve blew, and rice and peach bits were all over the microwaveโ€™s insides. Sigh.

I removed the cooker and looked to salvage as much dinner as possible, while WLToo cleaned the microwave, it being high enough that Iโ€™d have had to drag out the step stool to reach all of the inside.

Much to my surprise, the meal was completely cooked. What the? A light bulb went off, and I looked at the recipe booklet again. Aha! It said right up front that the recipes were for a 600 watts microwave; ours was 1250 watts. Duh!

By the time weโ€™d cleaned up, the lava hot meal had cooled to eating temperature. It was just as delicious as it smelled.

I wrote on the booklet to cut all cooking times in half, and chalked it up to another assumption gone wrong.

The microwave smelled wonderful for a week.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more