Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT strong arm and six point auto leveling system

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good morning

I’m picking up a new Montana fifth wheel with six point auto leveling system. I have JT Strong Arms on my current Jayco. Should I keep the strong arms for the new FW or let the new owner of my Jayco enjoy them? I’m not sure how steady a 41’ FW is with the six point system, does it need extra steadying the the JT provides?
Don, Kathleen
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.7 CTD/AISIN
2019 Montana 3791 Fifth Wheel
7 REPLIES 7

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
scootsk wrote:
Good morning

I’m picking up a new Montana fifth wheel with six point auto leveling system. I have JT Strong Arms on my current Jayco. Should I keep the strong arms for the new FW or let the new owner of my Jayco enjoy them? I’m not sure how steady a 41’ FW is with the six point system, does it need extra steadying the the JT provides?

Well, it's moot since you've already removed them, but I can tell you that the difference in stability of our KZ, with 4-pt leveling vs our old Komfort with just landing legs and screw down rear jacks, is amazing, even =without= using the factory-installed JTs. Using them, and you can hardly feel any movement.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Knew a fella from TX who had a Cedar Creek w/ the 6pt and he add the JT's and claimed it made it more stable. Our Big Country is 41' as well and has some wiggle but IMO, nothing serious. Think we had more in our old 35' w/o the 6pt and just the rear stabs. A year or 2 before we upgraded, added the JT's and it DID make a world of difference.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
In short level up is strictly for leveling.
STability and removing wiggle is a separate issue.
Keeping your JT's is a good idea.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Lippert Level Up system on our Cardinal. We have very little if any movement. I’d try out your Montana before you go to the trouble of installing anything.

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks guys. Just took them off. Didn’t help that it’s pouring
Don, Kathleen
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.7 CTD/AISIN
2019 Montana 3791 Fifth Wheel

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bessie-Hunter wrote:
I would keep them. Our Riverstone has the 6 point leveling and I need to install a set of JT Strong Arms as is does wiggle a lot.
I have read a fair amount of input on RV.net that had people saying the same thing. I think I'd hang on to them until I checked out the new unit.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bessie-Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
I would keep them. Our Riverstone has the 6 point leveling and I need to install a set of JT Strong Arms as is does wiggle a lot.