cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2002 Maytag Oven Part Location Assistance

pcobarrubia
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, We are trying to locate 2002 RV Maytag/Whirlpool Oven replacement part: Oven Valve/Thermostat. The parts are no longer available. Do any members have referral for resource options?
Thank You!
4 REPLIES 4

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.appliancepartspros.com/search.aspx?q=valve%20thermostat&apptype=range-cooktop-oven
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
My suggestion would be to find a local independent appliance repair shop and ask them if they can find the part. There should be several around your area. Some of these guys forgot more about finding parts than most of us will ever know.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We have lots of old stuff, and there is an appliance parts supplier that I know well......

They have a helpful website.

Good Luck

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
As of a few years ago, I remember there being some place in Canada that (according to their web site) had an oven thermostatic valve for my Maytag/Magic Chef oven of a few years previous manufacture and pretty much no place else. I'm sorry that I don't have any recollection of the name of the place; I found it by googling for the part number of the valve after looking that up. As I recall they were asking around $200 for it. Maybe you could find one at an RV junkyard or ebay or similar. Then again, it might be just as easy and inexpensive to find an entire working range rather than a compatible model.

I believe the valves are no longer available because the capilary tube/temperature sensor system was mercury based.

My solution eventually was to install a new Atwood range. It works very nicely indeed and has more easily adjustable burners with an ignition sparker. Installation was not terribly difficult...and much of the difficulty was due to having to reinforce some interior cabintery that was starting to come apart due to vibration etc. that I did not previously realize was in need of remediation.