cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michigan Double-J Ranch?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped in an RV at Double-J ranch? Specifically, late June for Electric Forest?

Too late to do anything this year, but maybe next year.

I've driven by on the highway and witnessed the huge open fields full of tents and camper vans, but didn't really see much by way of larger camping units like a truck / trailer combo, so I assume they're located someplace else.

They offer several different locations(?), don't know anything more than that.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
5 REPLIES 5

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Now and then I like to expose myself to huge crowds, but usually I opt for a boondock spot out deep in the woods to spend a summer weekend.

TBammer, I'll check out those other names you mentioned .

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
LOL, no Electric Forest for this old geezer. But I am guessing the people watching is a hoot. Wheatland, Hiawatha and Hoxeyville are more our pace for music festivals.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked it up. The first year, the attendance at Double JJ's Electric Forest was a little over 30,000 and in 2018 the attendance was over 43,000. That's a real crowd! The entire population of Oceana County where Double JJ is in is 26,625 in 2018. So the Electric Forest had about 1.5 times as many people there than live in the whole county.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I imagined it would be quite the madhouse. This year's festival sold out the same day tickets went on sale. With their new emphasis on conservation and sustainability they're limiting the festival to only three days.

Thanks for the insight travelnutz, much appreciated.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of various simple dispersed "camping" locations at Double J etc just north of tiny Rothbury, MI which is maybe 35 miles north of where we live. All I've seen is dry camping/staying overnights. Very crowded lines of camping units and gob and gobs of tents or ground sleepers. However be advised that the crowd is usually more than 30,000 or even a lot more. Extremely popular! Once you are in, there's basically no leaving until it's over, so be sure you have everything you want or will need.

Just think about how many cars/vehicles a 30,000+ crowd has attending and so many stay in their vehicles or RVs right in the long jammed together lines and lines of parked vehicles with no hookups of any kind so be prepared for it. We have seen lines over 5 miles long in all 4 directions just waiting to be able enter the Double J grounds. Yes, Double J is a very big place and it fills nearly every square foot during the Electric Forest time as it's packed.

We're too old for that stuff but wasn't 50+ years ago.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT